• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unionblue19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Kokomo, Indiana
    First I found out that Ludco is back open and ruining didn't stop in and see what was in there. That totally surprise me that they are up and ruining with the ATF & Friends visit they had awhile back.
    Also the improvement to Wilbur Wright gun is nicely done and hoping they do the short range the same as the long range.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I've only been going the past 2 years, lol.

I've heard they have a longer range (100yards?) that is closed for some reason.

The 100 yard range is now the shotgun range. Evidently there were some people using the house that is two miles away for target practice. Some people have a hard time keeping a firearm on target, and I was told that too many were overshooting the berm. How sad!

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Does anyone know what's up the drive on the right that they keep blocked off, as you drive up to the range area? I always figured that was the 100yard range they closed.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Does anyone know what's up the drive on the right that they keep blocked off, as you drive up to the range area? I always figured that was the 100yard range they closed.

It used to be open 25-30 years ago. If I remember correctly, it was sort of like a picnic area. At one time, this land was owned by the New Castle State Hospital. I believe there may have been a building connected with the State Hospital located on this spot. The empty buildings located just south of the range used to be maintenance buildings for the State Hospital. Just south of the river, there is/was a building on the east side of S.R. 103. It was used as a school building for delinquents when I was in high school(1981-1985).

The 100 yard range is now the shotgun range. Back in the 1980's, the pistol range had a roof over it.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Isn't that where they used to do the 3-D archery shoots?

It may have been. I remember going up there once. We used to have an Explorer Post at the New Castle Armory. We hiked out to this area from the Armory by way of the railroad tracks. We set up our tent in the area that is now closed off. This was in April of 1981, I think. We had severe weather come through that night and we took shelter down on the ranges.

Top Bottom