• ...and so much more!
  • 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I think some political reality needs to be interjected here:

1 in 14 adult Indiana Residents have an LTCH (second only to New York).

There are 18 thou +/- members on this board.

We all have a "Sphere of Influence". With the internet at our beck and call we statistically have a large, focused, active voting block and political power available to us in raw numbers. If we would pool a few resources as in dollars, intellectual depth, targeted industries experience and associated access we could put DICK on his ASS !

I would suggest targeted quarter page ads in the denser populated areas. I would even bet a little logistical advice and help might be available from well placed national interests.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    24Carat has the right idea to "unify" on such matters, if not all related matters in support of legal, responsible gun ownership and carry. Donating funds to one trusted central source (a tall order) to perform such grass root efforts is beyond my skills but someone must know a source or how to go about it.

If we are ever to get past spouting our opinions and general rants, we the INGO Members need to pony up some donations and get on with it.

As for Lugar - Plastic Faced Man - Totally out of touch with us "commoners".

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Picking the right fight is tantamount. Picking the right vehicle equates efficiency, the most bang for the buck.

All that is initially needed is to lock down a talented (even semi talented) computer whiz / artist, being that all print media compositions are digital. The work load just got real manageable. Next comes the message. We have quite a selection of talented like minds here so quality, effective content is a given. Hell, we have members here that could find dirt on Mary Poppins! Dick has a public record rife with material.

Given permission by Fenway and his band of goons to be a representative of the effort, someone (I) could approach those national interest entities I mentioned to solicit assistance and advise. Starting with an Indiana State (national entity) Rep. or Coordinator would be grand and also be more efficient.

All this being said under an assumption that INGO would want to or even should attach their signature to such an effort. I ain't much privy to such political ramifications or potential risks.

This definitely warrants further discussion, in an open forum? Not so much!

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    When I saw the title "Lugar at it again" my heart started racing with thoughts that Lugars are being made again and maybe I can afford one. Now I am really disappointed.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    IMO, we have to pick our battles. This is one we need to, and can, win. Mourdock campaign can always use the money and we hope the know how to best spend it.

This is not to disagree with anything said above, however.

We have considerably more resources available to us than Mr. Mourdock has. An individual's donation to the campaign is a given.

Best bang for the buck will be a grassroots effort. Always has been, always will be.

Gun Bunny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Well, I wrote him and this is what I got back:

Dear Mr. Gun Bunny:
    Thank you for contacting me. I regret to hear that I have lost your support. I appreciate this opportunity to discuss my activities and my voting record. I opposed the so-called stimulus bill, the 2009 and 2010 omnibus spending bills, and the various Democratic Party budgets. Likewise, I opposed the Democratic Party plans for cap and trade, health care, financial regulatory reform, and Don't Ask, Don't Tell repeal, among a number of other issues. I have used meetings and press opportunities in Indiana and in Washington, D.C. to express my concern with our current fiscal policies. I have supported and will continue to support efforts to overhaul, repeal, or restrain these policies and related spending.

In addition, I support efforts to eliminate and reform government programs. For example, I recently offered legislation to completely eliminate the U.S. sugar program which costs consumers and businesses billions of dollars each year. I have introduced a farm bill which will save taxpayers $40 billion. I support a balanced budget amendment and other common sense reforms to reduce spending.

Likewise, I am pleased to report that I have returned more than $5.2 million in unspent office funds over the course of my career. I believe it is important to run an efficient office and make good use of taxpayer dollars.

You may also be interested in an editorial I recently submitted to the Indianapolis Business Journal.

Definition of True Conservatism

True conservatism embraces core economic and cultural belief that center on individual liberty, the freedom to believe, say, and do what your conscience dictates, without reprisal from any government or group. This liberty extends to property and every individual's right to own and protect property against its theft by government, gang or bully. Culturally, this right is balanced by an equally important individual responsibility best articulated by the golden rule. No person's individual liberty can be at the expense of others.

Like William F. Buckley, Russell Kirk, Edmund Burke and other Conservative thought leaders, I believe that a true conservative viewpoint is grounded in religious faith, with a respect for all human life and dedication to a purposeful life larger than self. Indeed, what separates many a liberal and conservative is that liberals believe that government should take your money (property) in taxes to right the world's wrongs. Conservatives believe individual conscience should dictate charity. The balance is sometimes hard to find and can create great political tension, as will be true in the coming years as we confront the reality that the country cannot afford its system of massive deficits.

I have had the good fortune to call conservatism my political home and have worked to shape it in key areas. The agenda focuses on a pro-growth economic strategy with a tax code that stimulates savings, investment and job creation. I was the first in the Senate to seriously advance the idea of a Fair Tax and to abolish income taxes and the IRS. I have led the fight to keep national labor unions from reaching into the small businesses that are the lifeblood of our economy. I have opposed over reach by the Environment Protection Agency that stunts the growth of businesses, and particularly onerous regulations on small businesses and farmers. I was co-author of the Freedom to Farm bill and over the course of many years have sought to end New Deal intrusions of the federal government into the private economic pursuits of farmers.

As a conservative, I have strongly opposed the big-government and endless red ink of the Obama administration. I believe the liberal agenda of Democrats in Washington is the equivalent of adding gasoline to our current economic conflagration of high deficits and high unemployment. I vociferously fought Obamacare. It is bad policy and unaffordable. Early on, I asked Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller to study whether the bill was constitutional, which led to the law being challenged in the courts. I also opposed Obama's "stimulus" public spending bill that has driven our country deeper and deeper into debt with little to show for it.

Working closely with President Reagan—I supported his positions more than any other senator—we demonstrated that the conservatism of smaller government and lower taxes is a sure-fire way to get out of the Carter, and now Obama, big government economic malaise.

My work on foreign policy is grounded in pursuit of international relations that enable America to maintain the core values of modern conservatism. A central part of this national security focus has been decreasing our dangerous dependency on foreign oil.

Conservatives in America have shown the world that a successful dynamic economy must be based on the Founding Fathers' ideals of liberty, freedom and personal responsibility. Conservatism requires that government policy should favor the people who put themselves and their property at risk in the effort to create wealth. No country, state, city or family can make much progress without action to create wealth. Without it, human nature would quickly unwind the bonds of civility that hold a society together. Therefore, a true conservative sees wealth creation as a moral imperative, and is against onerous government regulation and taxes that penalize work and investment.

Thank you, again, for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Lugar
    United States Senator

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    FYI, there is a Mourdock fundraiser at the Columbus fairgrounds on 12/15 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. I encourage those that are able to show up/donate and start doing everything we can to get Mr. Mourdock elected. 2012 might be our last chance to stop the madness.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Anagrams for Dick Lugar:

Caulk Gird
    Caulk Grid
    Rack Guild
    Guard Lick
    Grail Duck
    A Duck Girl
    A Lick Drug
    A Luck Gird
    A Luck Grid
    Cad Lug Irk
    Cad Rug Ilk
    Lack Drug I
    Lack Id Rug
    Calk Drug I
    Calk Id Rug
    Rack Id Lug
    Lac Dug Irk
    Lac Kid Rug
    Car Dug Ilk
    Car Kid Lug
    Arc Dug Ilk
    Arc Kid Lug
    Ad Lick Rug
    Ad Rick Lug
    Ad Luck Rig
    Gad Cur Ilk
    Drag Luck I
    Grad Luck I
    Gal Cud Irk
    Gal Cur Kid
    Lag Cud Irk
    Lag Cur Kid
    Gar Cud Ilk
    Gar Luck Id
    Rag Cud Ilk
    Rag Luck Id
    La Dick Rug
    La Duck Rig
    La Rick Dug

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Anagrams for Dick Lugar:

Good ones! I found this one and used the site to animate it. :)

Lugaranim.gif

There were a couple of options I found for that phrase that were not family-friendly as well. :D

And yes, I did mean "Dastard". It's not a typo, but it is an appropriate word. ;)

grube555

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    I can not believe people have voted for Lugar for so long. A lot of it is people that just vote a straight ticket and do not really pay attention! He is no Republican!

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    More on Lugar and the
    2nd AMENDMENT
    Earned a "D+" rating from the NRA
    Earned an "F" from the Gun Owners of America
    Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (03-20-2004)
    · Voted in favor of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act
    · Voted for an amendment to require the provision of a child safety device in connection with the transfer of a handgun and to provide safety standards for child safety devices
    · Voted for an amendment to provide a 10 year extension of the assault weapons ban.
    · Voted for an amendment to require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions occurring at events that provide a venue for the sale, offer for sale, transfer, or exchange of firearms, and for other purposes
    Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (11-20-1993)
    Vote to amend the Federal criminal code to: (1) require the Attorney General, within five years, to establish a national instant criminal background check system (system) for firearm licensees to contact for information on whether receipt of a firearm by a prospective transferee would violate Federal or State law; and (2) establish an interim five-day waiting period for handgun purchases and procedures for checking with the chief law enforcement officer of the place of residence of the purchaser (police official) for such information.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    A quote from some recent correspondence I got from the Mourdock campaign.

"Hoosiers having the ability to enjoy the outdoors through hunting as well as having the ability to protect themselves and their loved ones from harm are fundamental rights guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment," stated Treasurer & US Senate Candidate Richard Mourdock

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Dickie's responses can give you a warm and fuzzy !!

Response from the Libo Rino :

Dear **. ******:

Thank you for sharing with me your thoughts about H.R. 822, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011, which was approved in the House of Representatives on November 16th by a vote of 272-154. This legislation is currently awaiting further consideration in the Senate Judiciary Committee.

( NOW THIS MAKES ME FEEL BETTER !!! )

Congress has passed similar reciprocity provisions for law enforcement officers. The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2003 was passed into law and signed by President Bush in 2004. This measure exempts qualified current and former law enforcement officers from state laws prohibiting the carrying of concealed firearms. I was a co-sponsor of this legislation.

I believe in the rights of law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for collecting, defensive, and sporting purposes, and I support Indiana law related to the purchase, ownership, and carrying of firearms. As consideration of this legislation moves forward in the Judiciary Committee, I will have your thoughts in mind.

Thank you, again, for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Lugar
    United States Senator

Top Bottom