• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Sometime ago, I emailed Senator Lugar's office in reference to his supporting the National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act.

Here is what his office emailed back: :ugh:

Thank you for sharing with me your opposition to the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act, legislation which would require all states to honor concealed-carry permits issued in another state.

I share your concerns about this proposal, and voted against similar legislation during consideration of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010. I believe that state and local officials should be afforded the ability to determine proper concealed-carry laws and regulations, including whether or not to honor permits issued in other states. As the Senate considers this legislation and other proposals that would amend our gun laws, I will have your concerns in mind.

Thank you, again, for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Lugar

United States Senator
    Thanks for getting it wrong, again, Dick.

Last edited:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Dick admits that he believes constitutionally guaranteed, natural rights should be regulated and curtailed as states and localities see fit.

Mourdock!!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I still struggle to understand why folks are so anxious to give the central state a bigger toehold in this arena.

While we have a long way to go towards Constitutional Carry in Indiana, we are much closer than most states in the republic.

Do we really believe that as time goes on the feds will drift towards an Indiana type model instead of something more akin to California, New York, or Illinois?

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Dear Dick Lugar,

You are 85 years old. It is time to retire. Go home. Enjoy the rest of your life. Allow us to enjoy the rest of our lives. Thank you.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I still struggle to understand why folks are so anxious to give the central state a bigger toehold in this arena.

I'm not in favor of it. I only support the measure as a means to gain momentum in other areas of 2A, such as the repeal of the 1968 GCA and NFA.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils

While we have a long way to go towards Constitutional Carry in Indiana, we are much closer than most states in the republic.

Do we really believe that as time goes on the feds will drift towards an Indiana type model instead of something more akin to California, New York, or Illinois?

Agreed. We who champion our gun rights do nothing but show our stupidity by supporting any sort of federally-mandated national reciprocity law. It is a disaster and will quickly take away everything we have gained over the last 30+ years. There is so very much to dislike about Lugar but his opposing the reciprocity law is not one of them. If you want to dislike Lugar, oppose him for why he doesn't like the bill. His reasons for not wanting it, and our reasons for not wanting it, are quite different.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Constitutional carry sounds great, but since the Feds have their hands in it there has to be a catch somewhere in it...kinda like those bills "we have to pass to see what is in them".

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    We already have Constitutional Carry.

The Constitution documents our natural right in the Second Amendment.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

We do not need more laws. We need friggin statist pigs to adhere to the ones we already have.

Friggin bastards.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality

THIS!!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    We already have Constitutional Carry.

The Constitution documents our natural right in the Second Amendment.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

We do not need more laws. We need friggin statist pigs to adhere to the ones we already have.

Friggin bastards.

Well said. As for why Lugar needs to go, it has been about 14 years ago he answered my question about his questionable votes with a straw man argument which was predicated on the notion that those who would care about their rights are too stupid to be trusted with them--in other words, not likely to be good statists. In his reckoning, claiming such rights stands as proof that you should not have them. One wonders how that piece of trash has managed to survive so many elections.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    And that's different from Anybody But Obama how? :scratch:
    Two reasons...

1- It's a sound byte the sheeple can grasp

2- There will actually be a difference between lugar and the republican challenger and should be win the primary, a difference between the democrat and lugar.

There is no defining difference between romey and obama.

Both want to enslave me in the their health care schemes, aside the general debt servitude and taxation they both also support. Not to mention both of them hate guns, especially 'assault weapons'.

Really, you should look at a voting record some time.

Top Bottom