• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I own 2...The all steel blackout with was around $750 and a Lower end seal watch closeto $350 and I can tell you they are both great watchs either way you go on the price range

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I have a Seal version. 3059 I think is the model number. Had it for three years now, still on original battery, not a single scratch on the crystal, and keeps right up with the timekeeping of my atomic controlled Citizen that sets itself every day.

I wear this as my "beater" watch when I dont have one of my good watches on at work so it sees a good deal of wear. Would buy another in a heartbeat.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    I got one of the steel case models when I graduated from college in 1979. I've replaced the batteries about every five years or so, and it still keeps perfect time. There are a few scratches on the crystal, but is less scarred than I am. The tritium hands and hour markers are all intact and still as bright as ever. I did have to replace the watch strap pins after a fight with a prisoner a few years ago.

I'd certainly buy one again, but there's been no need to.

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wish that they made one that would fit me.. I really need a watch that can hold up to work wear.. With REALLY tiny wrists it is really hard to find a good watch that fits.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've had mine for about a year and it is well worth the money. Keeps perfect time and I've had quite a few compliments on the watch. The thing is built like a tank and I believe the cyrstal is made from synthetic sapphire.

luminox.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I bought one against recommendations from a couple of friends (including a former SEAL). I had it two months and the second hand fell off and lodged against the minute hand under the bezel. It now resides in a drawer of my desk at work and I bought a G Shock like I was initially told to do. The G shock certainly isn't sophisticated but it works.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I wish that they made one that would fit me.. I really need a watch that can hold up to work wear.. With REALLY tiny wrists it is really hard to find a good watch that fits.

Go to Clockwise Time Service just north of 71st and Michigan and look at Mallard watches. If necessary, get a woman's model. They keep perfect time and are almost bullet proof.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Another vote for a G shock. I am partial to the military series "Mudman" oversized. You can bury it in the mud, bang it on a tree, drive over it,....it keeps going. I think it is a better hard use watch. Had (still have) a Luminox. Scratched the glass early on and broke the strap. Bought a G shock for my son when he graduated Army BCT on the advice from several active duty folks, lots of recommendations on the internet and a recommendations from a few retired operator friends. I switched brands after buying his. I think a Luminox is a more tacticool, but a G shock is a better hard use watch.

Dirty Steve

sheriff125

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Morgan Co
    had the black out model went to change the time for day light saving and the crown pulled completely out. been wearing 5.11's watch since.

and when i called luminox they said it wasn't covered by the warranty. also when you call their warranty dept you are calling a jewelry store.

Top Bottom