• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Why tell me? Either record it nor not, no need to bring it up. What do I care? Record for your own purposes but don't use it to alter the stop's outcome. Oh, and the only trouble lying will get you in on a traffic stop is if you lie about who you are.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Why tell me? Either record it nor not, no need to bring it up. What do I care? Record for your own purposes but don't use it to alter the stop's outcome. Oh, and the only trouble lying will get you in on a traffic stop is if you lie about who you are.

Denny, I don't know what exactly you do for the police department, but unless you're the head of training officers how to conduct themselves with the public, you're in the wrong job.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Lying to the police

If you do it correctly, lying can work in your favor:

Officer: May I see your driver's license?
    Driver: I don't have one. I had it suspended when I got my 5th DUI.
    Officer: May I see the owner's card for this vehicle?
    Driver: It's not my car. I stole it.
    Officer: The car is stolen?
    Driver: That's right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the owner's card in the glove box when I was putting my gun in there.
    Officer: There's a gun in the glove box?
    Driver: Yes sir. That's where I put it after I shot and killed the woman who owns this car and stuffed her in the trunk.
    Officer: There's a BODY in the TRUNK?!?!?
    Driver: Yes, sir.
    Hearing this, the officer immediately called his captain. The car was quickly surrounded by police, and the captain approached the driver to handle the tense situation:
    Captain: Sir, can I see your license?
    Driver: Sure. Here it is. (It was valid).
    Captain: Who's car is this?
    Driver: It's mine, officer. Here's the owner's card. (The driver owned the car).
    Captain: Could you slowly open your glove box so I can see if there's a gun in it?
    Driver: Yes, sir, but there's no gun in it. Sure enough, there was nothing in the glove box.
    Captain: Would you mind opening your trunk? I was told you said there's a body in it.
    Driver: No problem. (Trunk is opened; no body).
    Captain: I don't understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told him you didn't have a license, stole the car, had a gun in the glove box, and that there was a dead body in the trunk.
    Driver: Oh Yeah, I'll bet the liar told you I was speeding, too!!!!

:laugh:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up

Driver: That's right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the owner's card in the glove box when I was putting my gun in there.
    Driver: Yes sir. That's where I put it after I shot and killed the woman who owns this car and stuffed her in the trunk.
    Hearing this, the officer immediately called his captain. The car was quickly surrounded by police, and the captain approached the driver to handle the tense situation:
    Driver: It's mine, officer. Here's the owner's card. (The driver owned the car).
    Captain: Could you slowly open your glove box so I can see if there's a gun in it?
    Driver: Yes, sir, but there's no gun in it. Sure enough, there was nothing in the glove box.
    Captain: Would you mind opening your trunk? I was told you said there's a body in it.
    Captain: I don't understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told him you didn't have a license, stole the car, had a gun in the glove box, and that there was a dead body in the trunk.

:lmfao:

I would try that but don't feel like having a gun pointed at me and spread eagle on the ground. LOL.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Actually, a slight thread-jack, but still on topic.

I got pulled over two days ago for speeding (I was going 8 over and I knew it). Asked to pull out my ID and the Deputy saw my LTCH (I assume) and asked if there was a weapon in the vehicle. As I was just coming back from Ohio, I was unarmed, and truthfully responded.

However, if he had asked me if there was a weapon and I said, "No," while carrying... what then?

It's still lying to an officer in a traffic stop, but if it keeps me from getting disarmed for going 8 over...?

End result: Verbal warning. The guy seemed really nice, I may have shot him a word to this place except I had two passengers and it was 2 in the morning, I was too tired to chat.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

I'd like to start an INGO fund. I'll commit to twenty bucks. We'll throw it all in the pot and you get it if you'll actually speed, get yourself stopped, say the above, and post what happens.

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg

However, if he had asked me if there was a weapon and I said, "No," while carrying... what then?

If you lie about carrying a weapon and the cop doesn't see it then you just have to live with being a liar. If you lie about carrying a weapon and the cop does see it you will probably end up looking down the barrel of a gun.

In the end I guess that is a choice you have to make.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What is this? Did everyone buy Machiavelli at the Border's Going Out of Business Sales?

What have I told you about running your bacon holes? Don't.

Stop the car, turn on the lights if you want/need to, hand the cop your DL and the registration. Above all relax, it's just an infraction/ordinance violation. You are not running drugs, you are not intoxicated, you are not carrying a pistol illegally because you listened to Kirk and got the license.

Don't play games, don't play twenty questions, I know you are nervous but your sound waves will not prevent a ticket from getting inside your car like some sort of wall of sound.

If you want to push "record" on your carcam or audio, if you are inside Indiana's borders, go right ahead. Smart move and may be helpful later.

Your silence, not your sound, is your shield.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    But lots to gain...never screw with the person making or bringing your food. Unless you like the idea of your food being enhanced with spit, snot, or other body fluids. If someone pulled that ten dollar crap on me, I'd remember. It would only happen once without some sort of retaliation.

I always wonder if crappy service is what finally pushes James Huberty over the edge in that San Ysidro McDonalds. Or that guy in that Texas cafeteria.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I always wonder if crappy service is what finally pushes James Huberty over the edge in that San Ysidro McDonalds.

Didn't you see "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas...it's because the burger served to him didn't look like the one in the picture on the menu.

fd03.jpg

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I got a ticket in 78, since then I have been pulled over 3-4 times. All of them were either verbal or written warnings. I always treated the officer as I wanted to be treated with courtesy and respect. Why would I change now?

This has worked for me as well.

Then again, I am better in every way than any LEO coming up to my window.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Denny, I don't know what exactly you do for the police department, but unless you're the head of training officers how to conduct themselves with the public, you're in the wrong job.
    Haha, you flatter me. I'm just a beat officer. I am a certified firearms, combatives, and CrossFit instructor. Pretty much all things survival. I am fortunate that I surround myself with like-minded officers.

Top Bottom