• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dpbstevens

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Akron
    I am completely new to reloading but ready to take the plunge. I have narrowed it down to two kits but am having a hard time picking. The rcbs sees to be what everyone I know approves of for quality reasons to sum their opinions up. But the Lyman for a bit more has a digital scale and a case trimmer which I like but don't know anyone with experience with Lyman. Any in put would be greatly appreciated and the kits are the rcbs rock chucker supreme master kit ad the Lyman crusher 2 master deluxe kit

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I am new to this also, having just started at Christmas. I can speak highly of RCBS. One week ago today, last Thursday I broke my sizing/depriming dies on some .223 LC brass.
    I called RCBS Friday morning and told them what I needed. They sent the parts at no charge and they arrived today. I figured it would take at least 10-14 days to see my parts and they arrived in less than a week. Great customer service.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I have been reloading for over 25 years with my RCBS equipment with very few problems. I can also vouch for RCBS customer service. What few problems I have had have always been taken care of by RCBS. Go green and you will never regret it.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I have used the Lyman Kit for about 28 years with out a broken part. I really use it more than my Dillon Square B. You'll want a case trimmer sooner than later if your loading for a rifle.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I would have to say that they both make excellent quality products, with RCBS maybe having a slight edge in the "ease of use" department. :twocents:

dpbstevens

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Akron
    Thanks again an I will be mainly reloading 45 acp, 9mm, 38/357 magnum, 270 and 223 so I will more than likely be adding a case trimmer and tumbler to the kit when I make my purchase

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I have Lyman presses, mainly because I found them on sale, but they work and are quite sturdy. The T-Mag is great. On the dies, RCBS seems to be a bit more "polished" and thread smoother than the Lyman dies I own. I am loving my RCBS universal priming tool.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I am completely new to reloading but ready to take the plunge. I have narrowed it down to two kits but am having a hard time picking. The rcbs sees to be what everyone I know approves of for quality reasons to sum their opinions up. But the Lyman for a bit more has a digital scale and a case trimmer which I like but don't know anyone with experience with Lyman. Any in put would be greatly appreciated and the kits are the rcbs rock chucker supreme master kit ad the Lyman crusher 2 master deluxe kit
    The first press I owned was a Lyman Spartan. I still have some Lyman reloading dies. I own a Lyman 1200 DPS III (a combination electronic powder thrower and digital scale. Although I have nothing bad to say about RCBS equipment, I would recommend the Lyman kit. I like the Lyman reloading manual and the digital scale offered in the kit. As others have said, if you reload bottle neck rifle rounds, you will also need a case trimmer.

Top Bottom