• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    MIL-SPEC MONKEY

"A while back STRACTECH sent me an interesting teaser youtube video showing this device in action. Ever since I've been eager to see it in more detail and am happy I can pass on the knowledge to my readers. The FAST system stands for "Fast And Smooth Transition" and it certainly lives up to its name. The purpose of the product is to hold 3 NATO 5.56 30 round magazines making a magazine always available in the same extraction location. Having magazines available and easy to grab always in the same place creates substantial increase in speed and consistency. There isn't any fumbling around trying to remember which pouch has ammo left and where it is on your body."

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    interesting piece of kit. first impression, less than optimal purchase on the magazine due to operation of the device. consistent placement of reload is a huge plus.

i'd have to get one and play with it awhile, and take it apart to see, but my initial impression of the device is positive.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It is hard to tell how well it retains the mags. It looks like if you go prone with it, the thing would just empty out onto the ground.

Broke&Broken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    meh........

Looks awfully big to hold just 3 mags.

I also bet it is not PMag friendly.

I agree and would like to see if it works with Pmags

It looks too big and that you could carry 6 mags in double pouches in less space than just 3 mags in their system.

I'm high drag and low speed, but I personally would rather have more mags in less space. I can however see how this could be useful for those in harms way.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    No way in hell!!! Especially going into Harm's way. Mag pouches are not that hard to use plus you can use them for other storage if needed.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    takes up way too much space for only holding 3 magazines. Also, as was noted above, magazine pouches work great. I use a very simple system to find a full magazine: the full ones are in the pouch facing downward, pointy end to the left; empties show empty. This also puts the full magazines in the right position to insert them easily and doesn't require you to use a magazine dump pouch, as the FAST system would. I also use my magazines from left to right, so I know where to get the full one from.

picwik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    It's an interesting concept, however a little voice in my head (no smart remarks please!) is telling me that it'd be uncomfortable, bulky and I also don't think it would be Pmag compatible. I don't use any other mag now. I've even retired my expensive H&K high reliability mags.

I must admit I love new gimicks, this one just doesn't seem to fly.

Top Bottom