• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Depends on the EVO my friend and how tight you turn it. I grew up on Pan heads. Graduated to Shovels and ended my time on 2 over EVO's. Owned 1 twin cam but never laid a wrench on it.

Yeah, me too. Still shift with my left hand. If you have an Evo that leaks, it needs head gaskets.. But in reality, I was making a joke.
    #neverownedanevo

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Correct.

These guys are more akin to the Crips on wheels than a group of friends who ride together.

THIS.
    But, even if affiliated with such groups, I'd like there to be a felony on record to take away 2nd Amendment rights.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    THIS.
    But, even if affiliated with such groups, I'd like there to be a felony on record to take away 2nd Amendment rights.

I don't disagree.

Just to be clear on what the Texas law is:

(d) “Criminal street gang” means three or more persons having a common identifying sign or symbol or an identifiable leadership who continuously or regularly associate in the commission of criminal activities.
    Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 71.01

(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:
    (1) the handgun is in plain view, unless the person is licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and the handgun is carried in a shoulder or belt holster; or
    (2) the person is:…
    …(C) a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01.
    Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 46.02

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Tell that to my timing cover, seat mount thumb screw, exhaust mount bolt, and two primary cover bolts ... they’re all on 465 somewhere. A stage 2 EVO shakes like Michael J. Fox.

As a UJM guy....I've always found the pride you people​ take in this puzzling.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, me too. Still shift with my left hand. If you have an Evo that leaks, it needs head gaskets.. But in reality, I was making a joke.
    #neverownedanevo

Oh I get it.....:):

My EVO's were brutalized with regularity. 2 were 96's and the last was 103. They were punished. Rocker boxes liked to come loose until I modified them. Cam cover's the same. I hated using red LT on them but man I had to.

1st Harley was a 50 pan with a jockey shift foot clutch. Great bike actually.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    As a UJM guy....I've always found the pride you people​ take in this puzzling.

Whatchu mean “you people”?!??

While I have a natural affinity for, and can identify with things large, loud, and mildly grating, I’d have no trouble riding a metric bike. That’s what I was shopping for when I came across a screaming deal on the Harley I have now. I’ve learned to embrace the quirks that come along with it.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Harleys are kinda like the Jeeps of the motorcycle world. Hard to explain. Next door neighbor bought a Honda, and went on and on about how it was just like a Harley, only a lot less $. You can't even really make that argument anymore, there are lots of nice used HDs available now. Then he retired and bought a Harley. Now he gets it!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    THIS.

So make membership in the Bandidos a felony? Cool.

The Bandido in question was convicted of a Class A Misdemeanor (that did NOT involve family/domestic violence). He will not be eligible to obtain a License to Carry for five years from the date of adjudication. I think, however, he can still purchase and generally possess firearms to at least the level of freedom afforded other Texans -- except that as long as he maintains membership in a criminal street gang he may not carry a handgun on or about his person in a motor vehicle or water craft.

Oddly enough, once the five year period is over, assuming he does not win an appeal or get a pardon, and further assuming he does not collect any other disqualifying convictions, he will be able to obtain a license to carry. I looked through the eligibility requirements for LTC and I don't see "criminal street gang" as a disqualifier. I ran his name through texas.arrest.org and google, and did not come up with any other arrests for him. If he had just gotten his LTC before getting stopped, he would've been in the clear.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Oh I get it.....:):

My EVO's were brutalized with regularity. 2 were 96's and the last was 103. They were punished. Rocker boxes liked to come loose until I modified them. Cam cover's the same. I hated using red LT on them but man I had to.

1st Harley was a 50 pan with a jockey shift foot clutch. Great bike actually.

Get an Indian.....I did. :):

Don

Top Bottom