• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I stopped by M&J Firearms in Fortville yesterday. I walked up to the handgun counter and took a look at some of the Glocks they had. The first thing I saw was a third gen Glock 19 for $559. I saw a Glock 27 for $625 and a gen 4 glock for over $650+.

Is it me, or does this seem like highway robbery. I don't think I've seen prices that high on Glocks anywhere. The highest I've seen a gen 3 G19 is $499. Have prices gone up, or does M&J have high prices? I'll admit, it's been a while since I've looked.

Last edited:

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I have seen the same thing. Stopped by a new place that just opened and checked out a few things. Got a price on a basic, complete 16" flat top AR upper. The price they gave me would end up being about $50 higher then what I paid for the AR new not long ago. And it's not like they have went up a bunch, just checked the site where I got mine and they have only went up $9. It's pretty sad really, I don't want to be screwed just so they can have a bunch of guys standing behind the counter to pay for.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Being a new shop, I'd say it would be hard to tell if they are price gauging or that just made some bad purchases themselves and had to mark it that high to make a buck.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    The gun buying frenzy is a double edged sword. Many new people are buying handguns, AR's, AK's and ammo. I really like this as it ensures some more support for 2nd amendment rights (and maybe some new non-liberal voters). However many have no knowledge of gun or ammo prices and are so anxious to purchase that they pay practically any price. I have been to at least 2 gun shows a month for the last 4-5 months. It is sure a sellers market. You can't cut many deals today as the dealers know they have this new market. All the gun and ammo manufactures are behind on orders and supplies are short in the shops. I have been buying/collecting for over 20 years and this is the tightest and highest priced market I have ever seen. You see it here on this forum - several posts about "where I can find XXX guns". This has sure slowed down my buying - about the only thing I purchase lately is surplus military guns and ammo - even these have went up 10 to 30% in the last year. My fervent hope is that we get a better group of politicians in office and supplies go up and prices down.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I've shopped M&J a couple times now and have had a very good experience and thought pricing to be competitive to some other LGS around. So far my purchases there have been ammo, a simple UTG scope for my .22 rifle, and a few misc accessories. However, I am in the market for a subcompact pistol (looking at G26's, M&P9c's, XDM's, etc.) and stopped in not too long ago. Based on the price you mentioned, I may have looked at that same G27... except it was not a basic stock G27. It had tru-glo night sights, a grip wrap, a mag extension, and included a 3rd mag. I believe it also had a flag laser etched on the slide (thus the increased price).

I don't recall seeing a Gen4, but then again I am not a Glock guy that much so wouldn't notice at a glance.

Anyways, I know they're fairly new and not quite as big as others. Perhaps that impacts their buying and pricing. Don't know. Just have enjoyed my conversations there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom