• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    My neighbor is opening a new store in Fortville and they are having their grand opening 3/31 - 4/1.

The info:
    M and J Firearms, located at 24 South Main Street in Fortville Indiana offers a full line of:
    • Firearms,
    • Ammo,
    • Accessories,
    • and Training.
    Looking for a specific gun? Ammo? Accessories? Training? We want to hear from YOU! We look forward to serving Fortville as your premier firearms dealer!

(317) 747-4741
    or
    (317) 500-GUNS (4867)

www.mandjfirearms.com

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Will have to check them out..

Since Fortville is just 4-5 miles up the road from me, I'll have to check them out.
    Old Cat-Herder lives there in Fortville=He probably will NOW live in the Gun Shop??HA HA..Bill.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Since Fortville is just 4-5 miles up the road from me, I'll have to check them out.
    Old Cat-Herder lives there in Fortville=He probably will NOW live in the Gun Shop??HA HA..Bill.

Bulk 7.62x39 ammo. When I want it quick I havent found anyone near me with it. But bulk ammo in general is good!

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Bob at PSS only marks up 10% on his guns. Thats why he sells so many guns.

PSS is Plainfield Shooting Supplies.

BS. I know the Ruger LCR .357 (New) I bought from him was marked up more than 10%.

I'm not saying his prices aren't good, because they are. But they're more than 10% unless he's paying more than other gun shops for his inventory (which wouldn't make sense with his volume, he most likely pays less).

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Instead of arguing about markup, next time you need something, call both. THats what I plan to do. We can debate markup forever (and I have no idea on either shops markup) but a simple phone call is going to get you the important info.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well Fortville isn't that far up the road from Lawrence so maybe I'll check them out. Besides maybe I'll see Billy Bob there! Just bought a 22/45 but I'll go look at the goodies anyway.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    BS. I know the Ruger LCR .357 (New) I bought from him was marked up more than 10%.

I'm not saying his prices aren't good, because they are. But they're more than 10% unless he's paying more than other gun shops for his inventory (which wouldn't make sense with his volume, he most likely pays less).

I'm pretty sure that he is talking about special order stuff. Not what's in his regular inventory. Most shops are doing the 10 percent over cost for special orders these days.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    I dont know what they will have exactly. I just started this thread to let people know there is a new store opening (and try to help a great neighbor get a business rolling).

He said they plan to carry the major manufacturers (S&W, Springfield, Sig, Glock, HK, Taurus, etc). Last I talked to him, several distributors were out of stock on some things so they are working hard to get as much inventory as they can.

Your best bet is either call Saturday or Sunday and check inventory or just drop by. Either way let them know what you are after and Im sure they will do what they can to take care of you. I will make him aware of this thread and see what we can do.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Well I'm looking for another firearm. Don't know what I'm looking for but the safe still has room for a few more so might as well fill another spot. Hopefully they'll have something in stock that catches my eye!

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    They had a good "soft opening" saturday. They are planning the "Grand Opening" in a couple weeks. I will post up more info when I get it.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Grand Opening announcement

From M & J Firearms
    Announcing our Grand Opening April 14th and 15th! Please save the date! Stop by from 11am to 6PM, meet the owners, employees and check out the store! We have a great selection of Handguns, Shotguns, Rifles, Ammo and accessories! Advanced Glock Armorers will be on site to service your Glock with OEM parts, night-sights, etc. Have it (or your AR-15) steam/ultrasonic cleaned for $24.99 or $29.99.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Stopped by today..

Checked out the new M&J Gun Shop today. Had a set of TruGlow's put on my G-21, along with an extended mag. release.

Good/Fair prices for a new "Stand Alone" store..

Swing by + say Hi. to Martin,Jerry,+Mark....Bill.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Its a strange time to open a new gun store. The firearm distributors have no inventory to sell. No one is getting anymore than a dribble of low-end product. I'm going there today, to see for myself. I bet its the same story I find at 15 other gun stores in the Metropolitian area. There are a couple other threads on INGO regarding the supply issue & special order deliver delays.

But, I might add, I do wish them well. Its close to home and we need a good gun stores to compete with Pops Guns.

Top Bottom