• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Well, the 15-22 is tricked out now with the Primary Arms M4, Black Dog 50 round drum, and Magpul dark earth stock, grip and covers, and on the other side of the rifle is a Surefire G2X tactical Light,,, needless to say the smile:D says it all..

163092_1587686769545_1157082272_31266139_4768885_n.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I like the FDE combo you've got going on. I'm also a big Ergo grip fan. :yesway:

Just curious, but why mess with a riser and a mount, rather than just bolt the mount directly to the flat-top reciever rail? It doesn't look like you can get a cheekweld and still see thru the optic.

Also, your front sight is backwards. ;)

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I like the FDE combo you've got going on. I'm also a big Ergo grip fan. :yesway:

Just curious, but why mess with a riser and a mount, rather than just bolt the mount directly to the flat-top reciever rail? It doesn't look like you can get a cheekweld and still see thru the optic.

Also, your front sight is backwards. ;)

Well, that was Austins choice since it is his rifle, he likes the look, forget practicality! I did not argue with him, I figured that he will see how uncomfortable it is to shoot and then ask me to take the handle off. We are going to the MCFG tomorrow morning to shoot some out of the 50 round drum. I will let him know the sights are backwards, I never noticed,:(

As far as "light weight" I guess we never considered the weight as an issue, the 15-22 was more for Austin to get used to the workings and responsibility of a riffle, reduce the cost of his rapid fire addiction (.22lr rounds are +/- $20 per 500 count ) , and prepare him for the eventual and inevitable AR15 he wants to own next .

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Well, that was Austins choice since it is his rifle, he likes the look, forget practicality!

Sounds like he suffers from what a lot of us do when it comes to BRD. :D

I figured that he will see how uncomfortable it is to shoot and then ask me to take the handle off.

Is he familiar with the 4-points of contact in regards to shooting a rifle?

When you shoulder a rifle properly, you make contact with both hands, your shoulder, and your cheek. Having these 4 parts all make contact at the same time will aid in having a stable and accurate shooting platform (when shooting offhand).

When he figures that out, he will probably then figure out that he can't see through his optic unless he removes one point of contact (his cheek). This will make it MUCH more difficult to make hits.

The other downside is that when his optic is so high up, and bolted to so many different things, the chances of something coming loose are much greater, and he may find his optic losing zero quickly. By eliminating the "middle man" (riser), he will not only be able to see through it easier, but it will also become more solidly mounted.

We are going to the MCFG tomorrow morning to shoot some out of the 50 round drum.

If I had that gun at that age, with that drum, you'd still be spending lots of money on my ammo. :D

I will let him know the sights are backwards, I never noticed,:(

Don't sweat it. It happens. Especially when the front is easily removable like that. :yesway:

Top Bottom