• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    I picked this up over the weekend form a fellow INGOer. An absolute blast to shoot and doesn't break the bank. I put federal bulk pack through it as well as a few remingtons, just to see how bad it did. BAD! The federals were flawless though. Ordered four more mags and an AFG yesterday. Overall very satisfied.

picture.php

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Nice lil gun!!! I tricked out my 10/22 with a Tapco stock and added a variable scope and a stubby foregrip to the rail for about $100 less and just as much fun.

The thing I don't really care about is the open magazine on this rifle. Why the open magazine? Is this sound engineering or just economics? Didn't the open magazine prove worthless in WWl on the french chauchat machine gun? History can be learned from. I don't know how this magazine will hold up after a day in the bush. Apparently, everyone who reviewed the rifle has only taken it to a range.

hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    If I had to guess I would say the open magazine is only to access the follower. As fast as you shoot them it is nice to have the help. Plus I really doubt much thought went towards actually field use.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    If I had to guess I would say the open magazine is only to access the follower. As fast as you shoot them it is nice to have the help. Plus I really doubt much thought went towards actually field use.

My 25 round 10/22 mags aren't open. I take it in the field all the time to hunt squirrel, rabbit, raccoons and other varmints, so I don't need mud or dirt or sticks inside. I suppose if I really wanted, I could carry quite a few of the rotary mags on my belt also.

But yes I agree, on the range, I shoot a lot of bullets because it's been fun plinking with it.

worksalot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    I held the mp-15 the other day.....almost bought it. Dealer also had the 597vtr for 255.00 new thought that was neat and 100.00 cheaper. Left with neither...just couldn't decide.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    You will love it. I just had to buy a second one this weekend because my better half liked it so well that she took mine. Happy shooting !

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I bought one for my 6 year old and he loves it....Type in MP 15-22 on ebay and they sell great accesories Like a Barrel shroud that makes the rifle look mean...Enjoy

Top Bottom