• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Just picked up a S&W M&P 15-22. Seems like a nice little rimfire, and I have heard of the tactical looking .22s this one is the one to have. I'm not terribly fond of the huge amounts of plastic, but it looks like the important parts will hold up. Cool looking and cheap to shoot. I hope to take it out soon. Any thing I should watch out for?

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I have had one for a few months now. It has been perfecr for over 3,000 rounds. My wife loves as well which is why I just picked up a pink camo one for her.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Don't buy Winchester Wildcat Ammo. My 15-22 hates it. Federal bulk pack works fine with Remington Golden bullit being my 2nd choice.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Mine hated Winchester bulk. Federal bulk and CCI standard velocity have been great.

If you got the threaded barrel, you definitely need to get a suppressor!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I got one a couple of years ago and it quickly became my favorite .22 rifle. I haven't shot my 10-22 in over a year. I liked it so much I got the pistol version.

I've had about 15k rounds through mine with not much more than a hosing down with CLP every thousand rounds or so and it has run fine. Nothing has broken even though I've abused the crap out of it.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have around 3,500 rounds through mine, and have had 1 FTF to do a bad round. They are easy to maintain, and they are pretty damn accurate.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I had a look again..Is there a way to take the forearm off? I took the little end cap off but the shroud is held on some way..I don't want to damage anything. I want to get the packing grease off of the barrel.

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    I got one a couple of years ago and it quickly became my favorite .22 rifle. I haven't shot my 10-22 in over a year. I liked it so much I got the pistol version.

I've had about 15k rounds through mine with not much more than a hosing down with CLP every thousand rounds or so and it has run fine. Nothing has broken even though I've abused the crap out of it.

That sums it up! :ar15:

Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    I was amazed to read in the owners manual to avoid several types of Remington ammo. Be sure to load your 25 round mags alternating the tilt of your ammo. It will help reduce FTF. Great fun gun!

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    I had a look again..Is there a way to take the forearm off? I took the little end cap off but the shroud is held on some way..I don't want to damage anything. I want to get the packing grease off of the barrel.

packing grease? did you get a 1939 IZZY M&P15-22?

Winchester SuperX and Federal is all I run thru mine and I've had very few problems.

You'll need a wrench to remove the forend

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I fired one magazine full of Winchester 333..This thing is a KEEPER. I knew I liked my M16/M203 when I worked for my Uncle Sam, but this is even more fun! I have a feeling we are going to be good friends. :rockwoot:

Daltech Force

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I take both the M&P AR-22 with its big brother M&P AR-15 to the range and just shoot, shoot , shoot. They look good sitting besdie each other too! AR-22 is easy on the ears!

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just found out this weekend mine will not cycle the new cci quiet ammo, I have not tried it without being suppressed but I figured I'd just USA that ammo for my bolt guns

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I recently built up a .22 LR upper for my M&P-15. It is a hoot to shoot and dead on accurate. A simple pin pull and upper switch and off to the races. Great fun.

I run CCI mini-mag in all my .22's

Top Bottom