• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I finally did it. Bought my first AR. On sale at Rural King for $549.99. I really like it! Also found out Big R only price matches when it suits them.:dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks! I want to buy some extra mags. Any recommendations? Source? Reasonable price?

MagPul, pick whichever gen you like. Several places to buy them cheaply on the web. Haven't priced them lately, but should be pretty cheap. Check DSGarms.com , Botach, GTdist.com and the other usual places.

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    Go to gunmagwarehouse, get some 40's and 30's magpul all the way. PSA also has a good deal on the bushnell trs-25 red dot now. 69.99 shipped

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Just saw Midwayusa.com has Magpul on sale, can't go wrong.

Thanks. Use Midway all the time. They were $13 something on sale last night.

Out of stock.

Go to gunmagwarehouse, get some 40's and 30's magpul all the way. PSA also has a good deal on the bushnell trs-25 red dot now. 69.99 shipped

Looked like the best price last night. $99 for 10. Almost pulled the trigger. Thought I would wait for recommendations first. Thanks all! :rockwoot:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I hope you enjoy your rifle. I really like mine.

Mainly, I bought one because I couldn't believe an AR would sell so cheap. It has been great through about 1500 rounds.

With a 4x scope I can shoot about 2" 30 round groups at 100 yards. I'm pretty happy with that.

Just don't let the people get you down who want to poo all over it because it isn't a DD.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Been toying with the idea myself. I've always been a handgun guy, and not very familiar with rifles. Midwest Guns in Mishawaka has the M&P 15 sport for $499 this week, very tempting.

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    I've looked at possibly getting one of these as well. Figured I'll wait until one of you have your eye on a new toy you just have to have and throw your M&P up for sale here for a nice little discount.

:popcorn:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Been toying with the idea myself. I've always been a handgun guy, and not very familiar with rifles. Midwest Guns in Mishawaka has the M&P 15 sport for $499 this week, very tempting.

That is a really nice price! You should jump on it! I took the Rural King add to Big R. They said they price match. I thought, save a 45 minute drive to Kokomo, why not? Big R told me they would not sell it to me for $40 less than they paid for it. I asked if they price matched or not. He said they price match, but not if he is going to lose $40. I said, "So you price match if it suits you." The store manager said, "yes". I could not believe it. So I took a drive. Also ordered 9 Pmags form Midway for $12.30 a piece. Just enough to get me over the $100 Mark so I could get $10 off. That should do me for awhile. :):

Rooze1986

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 26, 2014
    NWI
    That is a really nice price! You should jump on it! I took the Rural King add to Big R. They said they price match. I thought, save a 45 minute drive to Kokomo, why not? Big R told me they would not sell it to me for $40 less than they paid for it. I asked if they price matched or not. He said they price match, but not if he is going to lose $40. I said, "So you price match if it suits you." The store manager said, "yes". I could not believe it. So I took a drive. Also ordered 9 Pmags form Midway for $12.30 a piece. Just enough to get me over the $100 Mark so I could get $10 off. That should do me for awhile. :):

I like to shop at Rural King for guns. I usually wait to buy a gun until they offer the 12% rebate promotion. It was enough to convince me to pull the trigger on an AR last time I was in.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

Thought I would update the Big R ordeal. A few weeks ago I called and spoke to the Regional office and told them my story. Very nice conversation. They were apologetic and grateful for my input. Later he even told me they discussed my story in a big meeting and are now using it for educational purposes. Long story short, they sent me a $50 gift card and I am shopping at Big R again. :)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That's a great price! Congrats!

My first AR was also a M&P15 Sport. It's been a very good rifle so far. No problems at all, runs great, no complaints. Great value.

Top Bottom