• Which would you pic?

• Total voters

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    This poll is for a friend. He is trying to decide between the M&P subcompact in .40 and the Sig P250 subcompact (maybe compact but doubtful) in .40 as well. He would like to know which you would pick and why, not really interested if you have a vote for another gun..hes not interested just trying to decide between the two

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    This is not even a close race. The far and away winner here is the M&P40c. The P250 is Sig's red-headed stepchild that couldn't even make it through the first round evaluations in last year's ATF/DHS bid. The bid was awarded to the M&P and Glock pistols, and the Sig was booted from the bid competition due to reliability issues. That speaks volumes when Sig can hand select the pistols to submit for evaluation.

Do you friend a favor and point him to the M&P.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I voted M&P, if he's new, striker over DA/SA is easier to learn IMO, and you didn't list the G27

dpbstevens

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Akron
    I know I am gonna catch grief here lol. But I personally own a Sig p250 in a 45 and its my favorite pistol in my collection. So I wouldn't rule it out as an option and yes the M&P does have much better reviews but I think you will all agree that its everyone's own preference so until he gets the chance to shoot both or at least handle both don't rule the Sig out.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    My vote has to go to the M&P. From what I understand, the later models of the P250 do not appear to have the problems the early makes do, but the M&P is far more proven at this point.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Yes I would agree with the P250 comments I have a subcompact in 9mm and I love it, it is a gen 2 and I haven't heard of any problems with the second generation. That being said I'm leaning towards the m&p also idk I just like them.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Its not even a question the M&P is far and away better, and Im a huge fan of Sig so it hurts me to say that, but its the truth. I was hoping the 250 would be a good platform but its not. Its had nothing but problems since its come out, and they dont show any signs of going away. The M&P is a proven platform.

Top Bottom