• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I now have an M&P with additional threaded barrel :rockwoot:, and I'm looking at suppressing it. While my recollection of VUPDblue's Osprey setup is very positive, I think I'd like the sights to clear a little farther... I might go with a TiRant which would make taller sights that much more important to me.

Do they exist? I've seen Ameriglow front sights, but info on the rear (and any other manufacturers) is MIA. Is my google-fu weak? Any pics or links to sight pictures with cans would be appreciated...

Also, how do you keep the thread protector from unscrewing? Rocksett or loctite seems extreme... I've heard teflon tape works, but :dunno:

MampP45.jpg

DSCF1262.jpg

DSCF1258.jpg

Z Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    I now have an M&P with additional threaded barrel :rockwoot:, and I'm looking at suppressing it. While my recollection of VUPDblue's Osprey setup is very positive, I think I'd like the sights to clear a little farther... I might go with a TiRant which would make taller sights that much more important to me.

Do they exist? I've seen Ameriglow front sights, but info on the rear (and any other manufacturers) is MIA. Is my google-fu weak? Any pics or links to sight pictures with cans would be appreciated...

Also, how do you keep the thread protector from unscrewing? Rocksett or loctite seems extreme... I've heard teflon tape works, but :dunno:

I can't answer your questions about sights. However, teflon tape is good-to-go for securing your thread protector or suppressor.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have the same problem with my M&P 22. Factory sights are below the can. I replaced them with a set from a full sized M&P but still no good.

Somebody needs to design a flip up system. Then you could use it with or without the can.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I called smith and wesson 6 weeks ago or so about a set of the tall CORE sights for my 9mm. They said they would not sell them separately for quite a while as all production is going towards completed pistols. I even asked about a complete slide assembly and they said it was a no go as of now. The rep did say that at some point in the future they would sell them as parts, but it would be at least 6 months to a year.

Top Bottom