• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    I am about buy a new gun:):. I have been saving up for a while and have narrowed my choices down to another Glock or the M&P:draw:.
    I am about to buy the M&P. Does anyone have anything negative to say about the M&P? Are they just as reliable as the Glock? I love my Glock, But the M&P is made in the USA:patriot:. That is a big plus for me.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    There have been some reports about accuracy issues with the M&P 9 around 25 yards or so. Google it and you'll find some interesting reading. .40 and .45 models don't exhibit these issues it seems.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    getting another glock is nice but variety never hurts right :dunno: (unless you're married but that's another discussion) . (this is why i also have an xd and on my way to a m&p. )

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Big J, it doesn't matter--SIG, Glock, Ruger, S&W, Les Baer, Colt, Korth, inter alia. They are just pistols.

Crazy Uncle Kirk's Guide for Handgun Selection:

1. Find a gun you like, buy another one just like it.

2. Buy oodles of ammo.

3. Buy enough mags to fill a rail car.

4. Get a class. The more education you have the solid your thinking will be in selecting a handgun. Allow your software to pick your hardware.

5. Stay in school. Keep going to classes.

6. Buy quality holsters AND belts.

I like big guns--easier to aim, harder to unlock while rolling around on the ground, and easier to manipulate one handed.

I like to have four guns of the carry guns I have.

I like having a plastic storage tub of extra mags.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    The M&P line of pistols are by one of the best on the market, great guns! I own two and both perform flawlessly M&P 9c & a M&P.40 full size! go ahead and buy it you will love it!:D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have shot the .40 M&P. Pretty good pistol, as is the Glock as well. Both are very durable and backed with pretty good customer service. I have two Glocks myself, and my brother has the M&P, so guess it just comes down to how they feel in your hands, and how you like the trigger.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am about buy a new gun:):. I have been saving up for a while and have narrowed my choices down to another Glock or the M&P:draw:.
    I am about to buy the M&P. Does anyone have anything negative to say about the M&P? Are they just as reliable as the Glock? I love my Glock, But the M&P is made in the USA:patriot:. That is a big plus for me.

Big J, where are you located at? If anywhere around the Lafayette area, give me a shout, and I will meet you at Applied Ballistics and let you shoot my MP 9mm Pro.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I've thought about mixing it up a bit, but decided to stick with one brand. This allows me to keep a spare parts kit of springs, pins, trigger group, replacement front sights that are interchangeable. I also picked up the Armorer's DVD for my handgun so I know how it works without having to find an armorer if there an issue in SHTF scenarios.

I also chose a brand that's pretty common, knowing I can find mags, holsters, sights, and whatever almost everywhere locally if need be.

Choose what you like, learn everything about it, and then shoot the hell out of it!

My dad loves him M&P40 though ;)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I've thought about mixing it up a bit, but decided to stick with one brand. This allows me to keep a spare parts kit of springs, pins, trigger group, replacement front sights that are interchangeable. I also picked up the Armorer's DVD for my handgun so I know how it works without having to find an armorer if there an issue in SHTF scenarios.

I also chose a brand that's pretty common, knowing I can find mags, holsters, sights, and whatever almost everywhere locally if need be.

Choose what you like, learn everything about it, and then shoot the hell out of it!

My dad loves him M&P40 though ;)
    That is a great idea, my buddy has finally done that, sold off most of his guns and changed to completely Glock, and even went the Armorer school. Me, Im still teaching a more then a couple new people, including Boy Scouts how to shoot, so I like a little variety, so they can pick and choose what they want to try out. makes it a little harder on having enough of everything, as stated, but so far, I have not had to do a lot of repairs, so Ill keep knocking on wood. I try to keep my guns well maintained and of course, make sure they are feed properly.

Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    Big J, where are you located at? If anywhere around the Lafayette area, give me a shout, and I will meet you at Applied Ballistics and let you shoot my MP 9mm Pro.
    Thank you for the offer but I live in Evansville. I have a friend that just bought one. I will see him at out IDPA match next month I hope th shoot his then. I was looking for some longer term information. No one seems to say anything negative about the gun, except for personal preference. I like getting as much info as I can.
    Thanks again.

Top Bottom