• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swtoombs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    Indianapolis - Southside
    First off I would like to say that I have been browsing these forums for a couple of months now and I personally think that INGO totally rocks! I recently purchased my first handgun, an M&P 9c. I got it for $500 NIB and haven't had a chance to go fire it at the range yet. Anyways, I'd like to know what some of you guys think about it. Would it be a decent first carry gun in the future?

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Welcome to INGO. I've got an M&P 9c and love it. It's eaten everything I've fed it and just keeps coming back for more. As it sits right now, I haven't experienced any type of malfunction. The only thing I've had happen was the white dot on the front site fell out on the first range trip but a new set of night sites fixed that quick fast. It's a good size for carry but make sure and get a good holster and belt. I'd recommend cleaning it before you shoot it as mine was almost bone dry when I took it out if the box.

Congrats on a good choice for a first handgun and again, welcome aboard.

Last edited:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah, it's decent.

I could shoot mine all day long if I had the time and the ammo.

Get that thing to the range and start poking holes in stuff. :D

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Its a great gun. I have a hard time holding it when I don't use the mag with the pinky extension due to my hand size. Besides that theres nothing really bad about the gun for me. As far as getting a holster I love my cross breed super tuck for my xd and will be getting one for my M&P9c also.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I love mine, I've used several different brands of ammo and have yet to find one it doesn't like. Although strangely enough for my first several range trips I shot better using the mag without the pinky extension than the one with it. I initially figured it'd be the opposite. Now that I have some more experience with it there's really not too much of a difference.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Love my M&P40c, as mentioned above, get some extra mag extensions. I ordered mine from S&W for $1 each. The biggest problem was that you had to have a minimun $5 order, so then I had some extras which forced me into buying some extra mags. You're gonna love this gun. Mine has been as accurate as I am, and nearly functions 100% (I say nearly because mine doesn't like Wolf ammo). It doesn't seem to want to extract the empty case (problem has actually only been 1 out of 100 or so rounds). With every other type of ammo I've put thru it, it's been perfect. I carry mine daily and am actually looking at a 40L or 40pro in the near future. Not sure of your opinion of altering a carry weapon (opinions will vary) but Apex tactical makes a great kit for smoothing out the trigger a little more. I've purchased one about 6 months ago, I just havn't put it on yet. I really can't compain too much about the way mine was from the factory, but everything has some room for improvement, right? For $500 you did good, it'll make a great carry piece and you'll be happy with it.

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    Its a great gun. I have a hard time holding it when I don't use the mag with the pinky extension due to my hand size. Besides that theres nothing really bad about the gun for me. As far as getting a holster I love my cross breed super tuck for my xd and will be getting one for my M&P9c also.

Pretty much sums it up. My roommate has one with a MTAC holster. It's pretty sweet. I love shooting it but again the size makes it hard with my big hands. What I've gathered is a trigger kit makes it much better.

He got his with the ext safeties for <400 from jetguns during a S&W promotion. I think it was $50 rebate or 2 mags.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Really looking hard at an M&P9C. I just picked up an M&P9 Pro from Bud's and in the short time I've had it, it's become my new 9mm of choice. Next step is a Crossbreed Supertuck for it and then I believe the 9C is in order.

I absolutely believe that is a great CC gun; now you just need the full-sized version to complement it! Post up a pic or two and your range report when you get the chance!

swtoombs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    Indianapolis - Southside
    Thanks everyone for your input. After looking at quite a few other reviews online I'm pretty excited to get it to the range and see how it shoots. Unfortunately, I sprained my ankle two days ago and I work at summer camp so I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to shoot before I leave for the whole summer. :dunno:

swtoombs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    Indianapolis - Southside
    Put 100 rounds through it today and dang... it is one nice handgun. When shooting it I barely even noticed the recoil. I haven't shot a handgun in 6 years and I still somehow managed to keep a decent grouping (luck). Overall I'm very pleased with this gun and have no complaints or regrets about it. :rockwoot:

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    It's fine. My only concern would be the barrel, at 3", being a little on the short side. If I had a 9mm with a barrel that short, I'd be especially interested in testing carry ammo to verify its termainal perfomance (i.e. some loads may not perform as intended/expected due to the lower velocity generated by a 3" barrel). Find the loads it likes and work well and you should be gtg.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I checked out one of these today in .40 really briefly at Beech Grove today and really liked it. I've been a long time Glock owner, but these were really nice. I could see carrying one of these.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It's fine. My only concern would be the barrel, at 3", being a little on the short side. If I had a 9mm with a barrel that short, I'd be especially interested in testing carry ammo to verify its termainal perfomance (i.e. some loads may not perform as intended/expected due to the lower velocity generated by a 3" barrel). Find the loads it likes and work well and you should be gtg.

The barrel is 3.5"!

Top Bottom