• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    I contemplating selling my M&P 9c I have put the Apex Tactical trigger and forward set sear in it along with putting some Trijicon HD Night Sights on the gun. I am not needing to get rid of this gun, but everybody knows for the right price everything is for sale. I am thinking about buying a handgun for my fiance, however due to money and getting ready to buy a house money is tight. I am really just trying to see how much this gun could be sold for. I have right at $900 in it because of gunsmithing charges for the trigger job. Parts wise I have $850 in it.

thanks in advance for help.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    the problem with upgrades (sights, trigger, custom jobs) is that unless they're across the board upgrades that a large percentage of people do to their pieces, they often times will not recognize the money put in as worth spending above and beyond for the same pistol brand new. I've had to take a hit on upgrades to pistols I've sold, and thus have had to weigh that as part of the cost of future upgrades. As a result, I'll keep all my factory parts and have my pistol restored to more or less factory condition prior to selling it.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    the problem with upgrades (sights, trigger, custom jobs) is that unless they're across the board upgrades that a large percentage of people do to their pieces, they often times will not recognize the money put in as worth spending above and beyond for the same pistol brand new. I've had to take a hit on upgrades to pistols I've sold, and thus have had to weigh that as part of the cost of future upgrades. As a result, I'll keep all my factory parts and have my pistol restored to more or less factory condition prior to selling it.
    b

Similar here, have started being more selective (making sure it's a keeper, well hopefully), as upgrades are next to impossible to recoup funding.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    God i dont even think i want to know what you were charged to have that installed. But there would be a small premium for the trigger and sights but you are best off just keeping it.

460 for the gun plus about 160-170 for the apex parts and 130 for the sights. The return will be pretty bad unless you find the exact right buyer.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    New MP9cs can be had for 444$.

If I were you, I would sell most of the aftermarket stuff separately if possible.

^^pretty much this^^

Convert it back to factory as much as you can and either sell the Apex parts separately or save it for your next M&P (if you think you might go back to one). The night sights might help the used selling price a little, since that's a fairly popular upgrade.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It'd have to take the right buyer or trade to come close to "even".

Like vehicle mods - you never get the money back out that you put in.

Also, my opinion is that a FS model in that condition would be more likely to sell than the compact.

Put it up for trade with what you want for your fiance and see what happens. There may be someone who has what you want and who wants what you have. If that doesn't work after a few weeks/month, then return the gun to stock (save sights) and sell the pieces. And don't expect retail prices for the used pieces, either. Can be quite hard to sell a "like new" M&P for $400 these days.

Best to you!

MC1983

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I bought a used MP9c that looked like it only had a box of ammo through it with Trijicon HD sights last year for around $470. I agree with everyone else that you will make more money back if you put the factory trigger back in and sell the gun with night sights and apex parts separately.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You won't get more than $500 with the aftermarket parts.
    Take out the aftermarket parts and sell everything separately, and you'll probably get close to $600 for all of it, and it'll be a pain in the butt selling everything.

Either way, you're going to take a decent loss. If you like the gun, just keep it. It's not worth selling considering what you have in it.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I bought my M&P9c with stock sights and the Apex trigger for $400. I traded my M&P9 FS with FO sights and the Apex trigger for a Kahr CW9 and $300 if memory serves. To be fair, no way in hell should I have gotten that much for the FS.

dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    Thanks all for your input. I don't want to get rid of this as it is for me my most accurate gun. I was just wondering what thoughts were. I still carry this gun in the spring/fall and love it. I was really just wondering what they go for and if upgrades made a difference or not. Kudos to you Big Sitt that is a great deal you got.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks all for your input. I don't want to get rid of this as it is for me my most accurate gun. I was just wondering what thoughts were. I still carry this gun in the spring/fall and love it. I was really just wondering what they go for and if upgrades made a difference or not. Kudos to you Big Sitt that is a great deal you got.

Just keep it, baby it, and enjoy it. You put together a nice piece to someday hand down. Bear the lessons learned when buying your next pistol. If trigger and sights are important (as they should be) then look for that pistol that's as close to perfection for you as possible while remaining factory stock (with only minor, easily reversible tweaks if necessary)

Top Bottom