• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I believe s&w have recently redesigned their m&p sear and switched all 9mm barrels to a 1/10 twist offering due to accuracy issues. Ive seen a comparison pic of the old, New, and apex sear. I don't own any m&p products, and probably won't try one until benched accuracy gets better in other ppls reports.

BillT8436

Plinker
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    I you are using it for carry, don't mess with trigger. I use M&P pro's (no safety), Glocks (no safety) for competition or for serious practice. Apex triggers for $ 99 gives you a 3 pound trigger pull,
    instead of a bad 5 1/2. I watch the videos and did it myself. Works great. Gun shoots much better.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks is all for the great tips and info! As far as the trigger goes, I've decided to only get the Apex sear. Everything else will eventually break itself in. As far as sights I am leaning towards the 10-8 fiber optic front and blacked out rear.

Personally I would keep the Springfield.

Keyword there is "personally". My switch is not a slam against XD/XDms. They're great guns. It's just that the M&P fits me better, though it also might be a poor choice for others. The pistol market takes all kinds.

wpmason

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Mine was tested in Sept. 2012, and the trigger is what should be expected for a carry/duty gun. Long travel, the grittiness from the striker block, and so on. The break on mine has always been nice though, a bit heavy, but again, that comes with the territory. When at the range, I've gotten pretty good at taking up the travel (there's a point you can feel the trigger stiffen, after the striker block is engaged, but before the sear lets go) and holding it there while aiming, which makes it more like shooting a single action type of gun with a heavy trigger.

I'm curious about the upgrades, but (luckily?) I can't justify spending that money at the moment, so I really don't have to decide either way. I'll probably upgrade it eventually, if nothing else just to make it smoother, but the factory trigger is certainly bearable. I'd recommend getting it in your hands, and spend some time with it as is (it really does improve slightly with some breaking in) and go from there. There's a lot of variables at play.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I bought an M & P 40 police trade in over 2 years ago and have never looked back I love the fit and feel and when I put the small backstrap on my wife can shoot it fine too!

Top Bottom