• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The time has come to replace my recoil spring. Anyone know a good place to order a stock weight recoil spring for a FS M&P9? I'm really not looking to pay $10 in shipping for a $7 spring that would fit in an envelope.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Wow! How many rounds do you have through that thing?

Sadly shipping is what it is; they tend to want you to buy more so you'll offset the price of shipping. Good luck.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Wow! How many rounds do you have through that thing?

Sadly shipping is what it is; they tend to want you to buy more so you'll offset the price of shipping. Good luck.

About 6-7k. If I push it slightly out of battery when fully loaded it doesn't return to battery without assistance. I've not had any failures as of yet, but being that it is my daily carry, I'm not interested in pushing it to failure.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    About 6-7k. If I push it slightly out of battery when fully loaded it doesn't return to battery without assistance. I've not had any failures as of yet, but being that it is my daily carry, I'm not interested in pushing it to failure.

Cool, thanks for the number. I was at about 2500 at last count and mine is smooth as silk and hasn't really shown any signs of being worn so 6-7k will give me a good gauge.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Hmm perhaps I'll order one just for a back up.
    I have a feeling I'll be shooting my M&P a ton...

BTW I've found that the M&P 9mm goes out of battery easily in comparison to my previous guns. You sure the spring wear has gotten that bad or is the M&P just being the M&P?
    Either way it doesn't really matter. If it's your EDC you don't want to take that chance.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Wow. Heck of a deal. I would have guessed they'd cost more. and you can't beat 3$ shipping either. Off to order a couple 'just in case'

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You sure the spring wear has gotten that bad or is the M&P just being the M&P?
    Either way it doesn't really matter. If it's your EDC you don't want to take that chance.

Yep. I put the spring assembly in it from my 5" pro (same part number) and it snaps right back into battery as it should.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Hmm perhaps I'll order one just for a back up.
    I have a feeling I'll be shooting my M&P a ton...

BTW I've found that the M&P 9mm goes out of battery easily in comparison to my previous guns. You sure the spring wear has gotten that bad or is the M&P just being the M&P?

The M&P 9mm is notorious for unlocking really quickly in the recoil cycle. I read somewhere that in the early M&P's they released, the barrel unlocked and tilted down so quickly that people got vertical stringing in their groups at longer ranges. That's been rectified somewhat now.

I have a suppressor on my M&P 9mm, and because it unlocks so quickly, you get peppered in the face with powder residue.

Top Bottom