• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24robinson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    southern indiana
    Has anyone seen any 9MM SHIELDs for sale in the $400 range in southern Indiana ??? I know Bradis is having their customer appreciation day sales this weekend but I live over 2hrs away.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Might call 256 Sport & Garden in Austin and see if Dale has any. He's good on his prices, and has a cash discount.

If your coming to the Greenwood area, Outdoorsman had a bunch at $449 on the sticker, and they'll deal a bit if you talk to them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If he's coming to the Greenwood area, might as well drive another 10 minutes and save $50. :D

I got mine for $429 there with a little negotiating. It was worth the $30 to me to go to a gun shop that allows me to carry. If you guys take down the "no loaded guns, no exceptions" signs and replace them with a "loaded weapons must remain holstered" or the like, I'd be happy to frequent your store and recommend you as well if your customer service is good, as your prices seem reasonable from your posts here. As it stands, I'll do neither.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Fine by me; I'll be happy to recommend us instead. :)

I haven't been in your store and dont live near your store but this comment comes off as rude, condescending and reminiscent of NOTHING relating to customer service. This is your customer base, man. You don't pander to us...you serve us. If you don't want to field the opinions of your potential customers I think silence serves us all best. Leaving inflammatory remarks negating the opinions of other people is foolish and disrespectful. I hope you change your perspective such that Bradis maintains its good reputation. My two cents; welcome or not.

-Dobber

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I haven't been in your store and dont live near your store but this comment comes off as rude, condescending and reminiscent of NOTHING relating to customer service. This is your customer base, man. You don't pander to us...you serve us. If you don't want to field the opinions of your potential customers I think silence serves us all best. Leaving inflammatory remarks negating the opinions of other people is foolish and disrespectful. I hope you change your perspective such that Bradis maintains its good reputation. My two cents; welcome or not.

-Dobber

Rude? I don't think so. Shooter521 made it clear he can recommend Bradis his self.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I haven't been in your store and dont live near your store but this comment comes off as rude, condescending and reminiscent of NOTHING relating to customer service.

How so?

This is your customer base, man. You don't pander to us...you serve us. If you don't want to field the opinions of your potential customers I think silence serves us all best.

To clarify - BehindBlueI's is not "our customer base," by his own choice. He and others have made their opinion of our various signage and policies well known on the forum, and if they choose not to patronize us because of that, that is their right. No hard feelings here; free country, and all that. We realize that we can't please everyone.

If those same folks feel they cannot in good conscience recommend us to others on INGO even though we might be the most sensible (closest, best priced, etc) option, I am quite comfortable stepping in to fill that marketing void.

My apologies for the thread-jack.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    FWIW, I didn't take Shooter521's response as rude. Its there store, and obviously we disagree on what "most sensible" means. Frankly I prefer the brunt "fine by me" than some BS explanation as to why the sign is there, and Bradis obviously does just fine without me as a customer.
    To Dobber's point, however I believe he is pointing out that I'm in your potential customer base. I've spent about $2873 in firearms and related paraphernalia (holsters, reloading components, factory ammunition) this year per my Quicken records, live within 15 minutes of your shop, etc. I'm also pretty vocal in my recommendations. Ask Boomstick how much business I brought him over the past few years from Indianapolis, despite it being a 2 hour drive. Usually 3-4 guys at a time, who've bought suppressors, ARs, etc. Its a rare trip he doesn't get at least $400 out of the carpool.

24robinson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    southern indiana
    I did not intend to start a debate, only looking for options to purchase close to home. A four to five hour trip up and back plus a tank of gas does not make for a good deal for me. If there are any options close to me (clark county), I would appreciate hearing from you.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Well I can tell you bradis is now sold out of the 9mm. I was just there any they only had the .40. Not sure how many they had to start but the price was very fair and better than the 450 475 550 prices I saw on Friday at the 1500

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I did not intend to start a debate, only looking for options to purchase close to home. A four to five hour trip up and back plus a tank of gas does not make for a good deal for me. If there are any options close to me (clark county), I would appreciate hearing from you.

256 Sport & Garden is in Scott county, so close to home. PM "Boomstick" here on INGO, he works at Orion arms (formerly Keisler's), and he's in your home county. Sorry, don't know if either has them in stock as I don't get down that way as much as I used to, but either one will be reasonable on their pricing if they can get you one.

indygamerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Muncie
    I wish I would have waited for the Bradis customer appreciation sale. I got used to shooting my dad's Shield 9 and fell in love so much, I paid a hefty fee for one on Armslist... $550 later and I'm Shielded.

I suppose I can just kick myself in the ass until the day my Shield dies, if it does, which I am not hoping for.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I got mine for $429 there with a little negotiating. It was worth the $30 to me to go to a gun shop that allows me to carry. If you guys take down the "no loaded guns, no exceptions" signs and replace them with a "loaded weapons must remain holstered" or the like, I'd be happy to frequent your store and recommend you as well if your customer service is good, as your prices seem reasonable from your posts here. As it stands, I'll do neither.
    I don't blame you, I'm the same way.;)

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I was lucky enough to get a Shield pretty early on, for $400 even, from C&C Midwest Firearms in Clermont. I have been very happy with it, carry it all the time. Keep looking it is worth the wait, great pistol.

Top Bottom