• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eachitandi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Plymouth
    Ok, how many peeps have taken the time to do a trigger job themselves (sanding/polishing metal surfaces) rather than installing an APEX kit? What were your results?

ThatsLife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure what you're wanting to achieve but I installed the Apex duty/cary kit in my shield 9 and I am very pleased with the results. The profile of the striker block is a uniform dome compared to stock. I did shoot it with just the new striker block and it smoothed out the pull noticeably. The Apex sear lobe is quite different also being shorter front to back. After that was installed, trigger broke very clean like snapping a glass rod instead of a wooden rod. Over travel is reduced with Apex kit installed but still there somewhat.

I've never tried polishing the stock trigger parts so this may be all totally irrelevant to you but I just wanted to throw out my experience with the Apex kit.

eachitandi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Plymouth
    Thanks for your input, but I probably should have been more specific :)
    I'm attempting to achieve the results (or close to it) of the APEX sear & striker block on my own. Tonight I two staged (400 grit/600 grit) the trigger bar (where metal meets metal) and sear, then polished with a dremel to a mirror shine. Tomorrow I'm breaking down the slide and rounding the striker blocker as well as polishing it.
    Just from what I've done tonight I can tell a big difference. I took it out to my brother-in-laws and had him dry fire it to see if he noticed anything different (I didn't tell him what I did) and he looked at me and smiled after the first pull.

ThatsLife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to improve it. I think you'll find that rounding the block will improve the feel even more. I only did the Apex kit because I was trying to achieve a more Glock like trigger.

Good luck and post up your results when you finish.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've done a little of what you are talking about on an M&P and it does help but it's nothing close to what you get with the Apex setup.
    It does cost twice as much to do a trigger on a Smith as a Glock but you do end up with a VERY nice trigger.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT] NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [h=3]Certified Glock armorer—GSSF Member[FONT=&quot][/FONT][/h] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]1911, M&P & Ruger MK III Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I've done a little of what you are talking about on an M&P and it does help but it's nothing close to what you get with the Apex setup.
    It does cost twice as much to do a trigger on a Smith as a Glock but you do end up with a VERY nice trigger.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT] NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [h=3]Certified Glock armorer—GSSF Member[FONT=&quot][/FONT][/h] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]1911, M&P & Ruger MK III Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    This^^^^^

Top Bottom