• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Hey guys... Can you help me out with some sight recommendations? I am leaning toward Dawson sights right now... I like the fiber optic front with adjustable rear site. From the look of it, these seem to fit my needs but, I have no experience with any other sights than what comes stock. I am not necessarily looking for the standard answer: "I have Warren and I like them".... I am looking for why you choose those and what makes them better than the Dawson or better than the others

I primarily use target with a group of friends and since I live in IL, this will not be a carry weapon.

Since I am strictly a range shooter (90% of the time I am in doors and our local ranges lighting sucks), I think what I have listed above is the right move... (As a side note, I don't want all black sights, which I know are best for precision shooting... probably prefer a fiber optic sight)

Anyone have experience with Dawson sights? Can anyone convince me to go another route, and why?

Lastly... If I do end up going with these, what is the hight of the front sight you all would tell me to get? I have read in many other forums that the recommended height that Dawson gives is just WAY to high and the sight becomes a "sail". My M&P is 100% custom and I do not want the front sight taking over the entire gun.

Thanks for the help....

gearhead101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My M&P Pro has fiber optics and my compact has Trijicons. I love the night sights much better. For my eyes at least, they are easier to pick up quickly, especially if you stagger the colors between front and rear. Plus, they actually work in low levels as opposed to fiber sights which need light.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Sights

I have MP FO on the front of my MP45 FS and TG FO on the front of my
    Sig 220 ST. When I owned XD 40 Tact I had Dawson FO front and adj on the rear. When you order from Dawson/Brownells ask them to match front and rear and they will. Green is best IMO-front sight only.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Trijicon HD Sights :yesway:

hd_nightsights.jpg

Top Bottom