• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    so I got my apex tactical hard sear and speed shooter specialties titanium safety plunger in today. here is what they look like.(those that are M&P owners should already know what the stock parts look like)

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

now the actual installation of the sear could not be any easier which is good as I am no gunsmith. it took all of five minutes to knock out the roll pin and pop out the trigger pack then remove the sear pin replace the sear with the apex and put it all back in. WOW! the trigger is LIGHT and has a clean break, I also didn't know my reset could be so short. for $40 and five minutes of my time I would say this is by far the single best upgrade you can do to an M&P. I will save the rest for when I install the safety plunger so I can give you my impression of the overall package vs. sending it to S&W or a gunsmith.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive been waiting to hear your review.

So did you order both of these from Speed Shooter Specialties? They have both listed on their website.... figured it would save on shipping.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    UPDATE: the rear sight is a beotch to get off, so much so I haven't got it off yet. anyone near me have a sight pusher?

Last edited:

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    UPDATE: the rear sight is a beotch to get off, so much so I haven't got it off yet. anyone near me have a sight pusher?

I have one but I'm north of Indy. BTW... thanks for the heads up on the sear, my two arrived today in the mail. Let me know how things go with the titanium plunger and if you think it's worth it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Just FYI, S&W has announced that they will begin offering the "Pro" trigger package in the service-size M&P pistols. Won't help you guys who already own an M&P, but might be worth waiting for if you're still on the fence about buying.

End of :hijack:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Just FYI, S&W has announced that they will begin offering the "Pro" trigger package in the service-size M&P pistols. Won't help you guys who already own an M&P, but might be worth waiting for if you're still on the fence about buying.

End of :hijack:

but for how much more $$$?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Looking forward to hearing about the side by side with an M&P Pro.

Tyler, is the reset more noticable than before?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Would knocking that one roll-pin out to take the trigger pack allow someone to then lift out the thumb safety?

-J-

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Rt on for the review and post. Wish you would have taken pics througout the process. But i have seen the vid you posted in previous threads. Btw the pro should be 615-700. I posted that info in previous mp thread.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I took the plunge and bought an Apex Tactical sear for one of my M&P's. I wanted to compare the trigger to the Burwell job that was already done on my M&P 40 and also compare it to the stock M&P357 FS, M&P9c and the two M&P9 Pro Series that I have sitting here at the house.

What is my verdict on the Apex Tactical sear compared to the M&P's listed above? PERFECTION!!! I can hardly believe that the Apex Tactical sear can beat even a Burwell trigger job, but it does! Now I have several more sears to buy. I will even be swapping out my M&P Pro sears. Yes... It is that good.

If you have an M&P or you are going to purchase one, make sure to add the Apex Tactical sear. It is the best $29.00 you could spend.

P.S. Before you ask why Smith & Wesson does not just change their sears to provide this kind of pull and reset, just remember that the M&P is first and foremost a military and LE duty pistol. The kind of improvement that this sear provides is NOT the kind of trigger you would want one of our finest carrying around every day. In fact, if all M&P's went out the door with this kind of low weight pull and short reset, Smith & Wesson would never win another government contract. If you carry your M&P as a duty weapon, I would urge you not to install this performance sear.

Last edited:

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I will even be swapping out my M&P Pro sears. Yes... It is that good.

If you have an M&P or you are going to purchase one, make sure to add the Apex Tactical sear. It is the best $29.00 you could spend.

Wow, change out the Pro sear ? Now I'm certainly intrigued but I will know more next week when Nick gets done!

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    I took the plunge and bought an Apex Tactical sear for one of my M&P's. I wanted to compare the trigger to the Burwell job that was already done on my M&P 40 and also compare it to the stock M&P357 FS, M&P9c and the two M&P9 Pro Series that I have sitting here at the house.

What is my verdict on the Apex Tactical sear compared to the M&P's listed above? PERFECTION!!! I can hardly believe that the Apex Tactical sear can beat even a Burwell trigger job, but it does! Now I have several more sears to buy. I will even be swapping out my M&P Pro sears. Yes... It is that good.

P.S. Before you ask why Smith & Wesson does not just change their sears to provide this kind of pull and reset, just remember that the M&P is first and foremost a military and LE duty pistol. The kind of improvement that this sear provides is NOT the kind of trigger you would want one of our finest carrying around every day. In fact, if all M&P's went out the door with this kind of low weight pull and short reset, Smith & Wesson would never win another government contract. If you carry your M&P as a duty weapon, I would urge you not to install this performance sear.

Intresting.... :popcorn:

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Intresting.... :popcorn:

You get what he's saying right? Smith can't have a 4lb trigger on a Military and Police weapon because that's probably too light for some agencies that would be potential customers. And for most MPs there is no external safety so a lighter/shorter trigger pull can increase the chance of an ND. The Sigma triggers are known to be long and heavy and get a lot of negative press. I sent mine to Smith to have it worked on for free and they did a great job (night and day difference). They said the same thing about the Sigmas. The reason that they have a very heavy trigger is due to the requirements of LEO customers.

Anyway just wanted to make sure you understood his point.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You get what he's saying right? Smith can't have a 4lb trigger on a Military and Police weapon because that's probably too light for some agencies that would be potential customers. And for most MPs there is no external safety so a lighter/shorter trigger pull can increase the chance of an ND. The Sigma triggers are known to be long and heavy and get a lot of negative press. I sent mine to Smith to have it worked on for free and they did a great job (night and day difference). They said the same thing about the Sigmas. The reason that they have a very heavy trigger is due to the requirements of LEO customers.

Anyway just wanted to make sure you understood his point.

i would laugh at the LEO agency that issues sigma's... there are plenty of MUCH MUCH better firearms available at not a whole lot more LEO pricing wise.

Top Bottom