• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I love my m&p carry it everyday full size 9.

I am no firearm expert and I have heard the trigger is garbage. Looking into apex triggers but there are lots of different ones. Should I just look at the duty ones? And then it is just trigger shape preference?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My 2.0c had a great trigger from the start. Two of my 1.0 fs had a bit of grit feel to them. I worked it out by dry fire practice. One fs was used and I can't say how much it had been shot, but the trigger seems fine on it as well.

I had a 1.0c that I put an Apex sear in. Made it better, but I might have gotten thru it with more dry fire. It was my first M&P.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Apex Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit + forward set trigger is the BEES KNEES if you ask me. This is what I am running on my EDC M&P9 2.0 Compact.

This set up runs circles around even the M&P9 CORE Performance Center trigger that came on my 1.0 5" 9mm

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you are playing with your pistol at the range to see how close you can get the holes together with slow fire, then play with different triggers to your heart's content.

But for a strictly defensive pistol, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock M&P trigger. Or just about any striker fired trigger on the market today, for that matter.

People need to learn how to shoot. Much hardware has been thrown at what is, in reality, a software problem.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I use a Glock34, an M&P Pro and an M&P Shield for USPSA and Steel Challenge. The only mods are sights the triggers are fine. If you think striker fired triggers are bad you need more ammo and range time not more do dads.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I have no issue with the trigger but have heard many say how bad it is. So if it is bad and I’m just acustom to the bad trigger ... I wouldn’t mind trying out a good trigger like this apex everyone recommends

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    My strikers are all M&P 2.0's and Glocks. All have stock triggers. I have shot pistols with APX setups but just don't have the need to spend the money on them or think they are necessary. As others have said, no problem with stock triggers just shoot and train.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My strikers are all M&P 2.0's and Glocks. All have stock triggers. I have shot pistols with APX setups but just don't have the need to spend the money on them or think they are necessary. As others have said, no problem with stock triggers just shoot and train.

The 2.0's are better than the 1.0. Much better tactile reset IMO. not quite a Glock's reset, but much better than the 1.0

Never tried an Apex myself, but would like to try one out. I did have an Apex RAM kit put in a 1.0 9c, but it still didn't get the reset to where I wanted it and I traded off the gun.

The 2.0's though are much better and have overtaken my Glock 19's for carry.

Platycqb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2017
    Indiana
    Had a Shield v1.0, went full Apex on it. It was great.
    Since then I got a 2.0 full size, I only changed the Striker Block for an Apex one. The trigger and sear are still stock. Works perfectly.

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    On my 2013 fs the trigger was almost 8# but it was smooth. I installed just the Apex sear and dropped it to 5 1/2 #. Its better but it still shoots the same so I wont do it again. It's not a target pistol anyway so really not needed. If I was shooting in competition then yes probably worth upgrading the whole system.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I hear the factory trigger is fine, I know the factroy trigger is fine. 4000 rounds down range under instruction and the gun is fine. Me on the other hand I need a reminder every now and then to slow down, calm down, take my time get my hits. Its a handgun not a machine gun.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    If you are playing with your pistol at the range to see how close you can get the holes together with slow fire, then play with different triggers to your heart's content.

But for a strictly defensive pistol, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock M&P trigger. Or just about any striker fired trigger on the market today, for that matter.

People need to learn how to shoot. Much hardware has been thrown at what is, in reality, a software problem.

∆∆∆THIS∆∆∆

While not directed at anyone specifically here. I laugh at the thought that a stock Glock or M&P or about any striker fired variety has to have an aftermarket trigger or it's not worthy. Start out on a DA Revolver and get mandated to DAO hammer fired autos. That will teach you to shoot or nothing will.

As far as M&PS (which are my favorite striker fired guns) I bought two when they first came out in 2007, another one for my Daughter in 2009, 2 nore for me in 2012 and this year. All 9mm or 45 and all the triggers we're great.

Don't really know why folks were complaining. Seems folks starting out on and shooting nothing but strikers really have no reason to complain about a 5-6 pound trigger.

Marketing Marketing Marketing I guess.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    ∆∆∆THIS∆∆∆

While not directed at anyone specifically here. I laugh at the thought that a stock Glock or M&P or about any striker fired variety has to have an aftermarket trigger or it's not worthy. Start out on a DA Revolver and get mandated to DAO hammer fired autos. That will teach you to shoot or nothing will.

As far as M&PS (which are my favorite striker fired guns) I bought two when they first came out in 2007, another one for my Daughter in 2009, 2 nore for me in 2012 and this year. All 9mm or 45 and all the triggers we're great.

Don't really know why folks were complaining. Seems folks starting out on and shooting nothing but strikers really have no reason to complain about a 5-6 pound trigger.

Marketing Marketing Marketing I guess.
    I have heard a lot of Glock owners talk about the M&P trigger reset being their issue.

Top Bottom