• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I like them both. I'm already heavily invested in Glock though, so I don't see myself making the switch. My favorite polymer wonder pistol currently is the FNX Tactical 45 I recently RMR'd. A little on the big side for EDC though.

Bmurray699

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014
    Reno
    I like them both. I'm already heavily invested in Glock though, so I don't see myself making the switch. My favorite polymer wonder pistol currently is the FNX Tactical 45 I recently RMR'd. A little on the big side for EDC though.

My buddy just got an FNX tac 45, it shot really smooth. More comfortable than I thought it would be.

gunman48v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2013
    I have an M&P9 VTAC with a Pro Series frame. I LOVE the M&P. I have had both the g17g4 g19g4(&)g3. The M&P's feature I believe are better BUT I prefer the Glock 6 o'clock sight picture. Like all 7,321,548,429,174,324 answers to this question there is only one answer: RENT BOTH, SHOOT BOTH (MORE THAT 50 ROUNDS) TO SEE WHICH ONE YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH. Yes the M&P may feel better in your hand while holding it, then feel different when you shoot it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    If we are talking striker fired pistols then Glock is the only one that comes to my mind anymore. I have tried the M&P, The Walther PPQ, The FN, and the Glock. And everytime I sell a Glock to get something "better" I am always disappointed. I have made my rounds in the striker fired circle and always come back to Glock in the end.

The only one that may have done something for me was the Walther PPQ but in the end I had trouble with the crowbar style slide stop. I had a tendency to ride it while shooting causing the slide to fail to lock open. Yeah I could have trained out that issue but then I would have to relearn my shooting grip for every other pistol I own and I didn't want to do that. So I sold it and now I am currently looking for a G17 EXO to take it's place.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have an M&P9 VTAC with a Pro Series frame. I LOVE the M&P. I have had both the g17g4 g19g4(&)g3. The M&P's feature I believe are better BUT I prefer the Glock 6 o'clock sight picture. Like all 7,321,548,429,174,324 answers to this question there is only one answer: RENT BOTH, SHOOT BOTH (MORE THAT 50 ROUNDS) TO SEE WHICH ONE YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH. Yes the M&P may feel better in your hand while holding it, then feel different when you shoot it.

QUIT YELLING AT US!!!! :tantrum:

As for me, I like the Glock's simplicity and ease of customization, as well as the very inexpensive magazines. I've never experienced a magazine, empty or otherwise, fail to fall free from any of my Glocks. I've shot M&Ps with and without the safety, and I've found that I accidentally actuate the safety whilst shooting them.

Out of the box the M&P's ergonomics are better for me, but I do grip reductions and stippling jobs on all my Glocks so it's a moot point. I will say this though, the M&P's that we have in the rental case at ITP are cleaned maybe once a year, and they rarely have any issues. If they do, generally a quick wipe of the feed ramp solves all. I am confident saying they are just as reliable as Glocks.

45 x 11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Southwest IN
    Between the two, I prefer Glocks. Yes, I also like the way the M&P feels in my hand initially, but as soon as I go to shoot it I prefer the Glock. I like the sights and trigger more, and I just plain shoot them better.

i have a friend who has went almost completely to S&W semi-autos, including the M&P line and a Shield. He now has an Apex trigger installed before taking possession of any new one, however. I haven't shot one of his yet, but I'd like to.

Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I have one of each in .40 and have no reason to sell either. If I have to choose one or the other, I keep the Glock. Glock magazines are more plentiful and less expensive. The M&P is more appealing to the eye.

iunderpressure

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2014
    Corydon
    Glock if you like customer service. I've been trying to get S&W to respond to an order I placed 10 months ago. I have called and emailed, and can't get any information.

Top Bottom