• ...and so much more!
  • hootenholler

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    jefferson co
    Opinions please........

I went to LGS and fondled a m&p 45..xd 45....and a glock 45...talked to owner for an hour or so and came to the conclusion of me liking the m&p best..

There all roughtly bout the same price...

Pros and cons please

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't know anything about the XD. But I have a Glock 45, and shot the M&P 45. I really like the M&P more. And I carry a Glock 19.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I am the proud owner of a glock 19, best gun for me... I've been told not to ever shoot an M&P, I would probably change my mind about by glock if I did. Not a fan of the XD, just one man's opinion.

To the OP, hold, draw and fire each before you decide to buy, plenty of folks on here would let you shoot their.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have an MP9 I bought after the first of the year and love it. Over 2000 rounds downrange with out a single hiccup. Never have liked Glocks, just never found one that fit my hand well. No other problem with them, they are fine pistols.

My birthday is coming up and I keep dropping hints to the wife that an MP9c would be a nice addition to the family. :D

hootenholler

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    jefferson co
    I am the proud owner of a glock 19, best gun for me... I've been told not to ever shoot an M&P, I would probably change my mind about by glock if I did. Not a fan of the XD, just one man's opinion.

To the OP, hold, draw and fire each before you decide to buy, plenty of folks on here would let you shoot their.

I would like if some friendly fellow shooters would allow me to shoot there id greatlly appreciate it

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I've owned the XD and M&P in 40 and I borrowed a Glock for several weeks and shot it is some matches.

The differences between them are minor and mainly based in opinion. I have found the M&P owners sometimes don't like the Xd and vice versa, The glock is a reliable gun but blocky, the Glock is a mature product and into its 4th generation so there is plenty of parts and accesories

The M&P is quickly becoming a favorite for law enforcment and militaries

Ask to shoot a few peoples and make your choice you won't go wrong with any of them

My choice is the M&P and I've shot it in matches and training classes and been very happy

the biggest Plus for the M&P is ergonomics, there is going to be plenty of aftermarket stuff coming out.

Accuracy of the M&P is very good and there are trigger improvements of all types on the market and coming onto the market

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Sounds like a good opinion.....the glock and the xd both have weird grips that's doesn't fit my hand very well....
    This speaks volumes. Keep looking. I like my Glock considerably more than the XDs (45 or 9mm). Its all about what suits u. Definitely find a M&P to shoot. If u can get all 3 at the same time (maybe not the same time, but at the same range on the same day) then that will definitely help. If none feel right, then keep on looking.

acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I perfer then in this order M&P, Glock, XD

Glock:
    Pros: Better trigger reset than M&P, easiest design, abundant accessories
    Cons: No safety (ok, IDK), ugly, always needs trigger work, don't like the U sight

XD:
    Pros: Good trigger, XDm has many improvments
    Cons: Grips were a little large for me

M&P:
    Pros: Many options for safety, feels really good, good sights
    Cons: the trigger reset bothers me still working on it.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I love my glock 22, & 27. I also have an XD45 which is great gun. I am wanting to add a m&pc to my collection as well. They are all great guns. It really just comes down to your personal opinion of each.

Or take the best route and get one of each.. :D

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    What is a trigger reset..

Reset is the distance the trigger travels back towards the front of the trigger guard after you fire to the point that you can pull it and fire another round. The three variables that determine how well a trigger resets is the amount of over-travel, the distance of forward travel after the shot and the speed it travels. Plus, the smoothness of the action, though if the action of the trigger when you pull it is satisfactory, then the reset should generally not be any worse.

That being said, if you shoot the M&P and like it, then you probably have your winner. Of course, if you could shoot all three guns and compare them, that would be even better.

Anyway, good luck with your choice.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Glock for me. I don't dislike any of the models listed. But IMHO, Glock feels great, and you get the most.

I don't really care for the trigger on the M&P but that's just me.

:twocents:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I used to own Glocks, but now own several M&P's... I'll never go back!

Anyone who does not like the feel of the M&P trigger can cheaply and easily upgrade to Apex trigger parts, and get an outstanding trigger in just a few minutes. There trigger are upgrades available for Glocks and XD's as well.

If the M&P fits you best, then you have your answer right in front of you.

M&P eye candy
    mp40proseries.jpg

firstgroup20yards.jpg

perfectform15yards.jpg

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    My experience is from owning a .45 XD and 9mm glock, ive only held/dry fired an M&P, never shot one.
    I disliked my XD for one reason, i just could not fire it quickly, the trigger pull was way too long and so was the reset. I chose glock because of its very short reset which allows me make very fast follow up shots. All three are accurate reliable well made guns but to me the glocks trigger really stands out for what i want it to do.

Top Bottom