• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I'll soon be making a purchase of an AR type platform. I've done a good deal of reading/researching on the various manufactures and have come up with a few that I'm somewhat interested in (Spikes, RRA, Bushy, and the other kool-aid makers). The other aspect that I've recently considered is the M&P15. I'm very, very happy with my M&P40c which is my daily carry, so I've kicked around the idea of sticking with S&W for this purchase. The problem is I don't know anyone personally who's got the M&P15 for feedback on the gun. So, what say INGO? Any M&P15 owners who'd care to voice their concerns/opinions about them? The gun I buy will primarily be used for fun/target/SHTF. I know several aspects that I look for in the weapon, but those options are available by virtually every manufacturer. So lets hear it, what do you all think? Should I even put the M&P15 in the running for my first AR type gun?

thefinnnwi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Northwest Indiana/ Japan
    I've owned once since 2008 and it has been a nice shooter since. Only thing you should really put the money down on are some decent magazines. I have had a lot of issues with the bolt not cycling properly, which i believe was related to the magazine. Other than that it is a nice shooter for the money, I got mine at the time for 999$ from Blythes in Griffith. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I don't own one but I've read mostly good things about the smiths. Having said that I think Spikes will give you a product of equal or better quality for a lower price.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I own a S&W M&P15. It’s a quality rifle from the fit and finish to the function. I’ve never had a problem with mine.

You cannot go wrong with buying a M&P15.

img0920so.jpg

Joz86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    NWI-Lowell
    I have a S&W M&P15R and love it. 5.45x39 is a great round and I blow off 6-10 mags @ $3.60ish a mag. I picked my rifle up from Blythes for 799.99

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Love mine, and it has been a very reliable weapon for me. It has served well for range use, and also fairly hard use in a carbine course, and ran great.

In my opinion, it is one of the better values out there in the AR market.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I have had a M&P15 for a couple years now. I know I have one of the earlier models. It has been a good AR. The new ones are improved a bit also. If you look a bit you can find them fairly cheap also.

I bought the standard hand guard flat top with removable carrying handle.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have one and I agree with everyone else, it is great. Like a lot of people on here will tell you, I bought my first and will build the rest. The M&P is great for a first AR IMHO.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm actually considering one myself. They have a new sport model out. If you can do without the dust cover, and forward assist. My shop quoted me $599 + tax.

Burr Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    If you want the best going right now, LEWIS MACHINE AND TOOL, (LMT). They're price is higher but my bud is assigned T&E at Ft. Bragg...He says they're the best going. BH

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Well, took the plunge and started the process for my M&P15MOE, out the door for $1017. Put some money down so they would go ahead and order it, it's suppose to be here by Friday but this weather could slow things down a little. Fingers crossed.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, took the plunge and started the process for my M&P15MOE, out the door for $1017. Put some money down so they would go ahead and order it, it's suppose to be here by Friday but this weather could slow things down a little. Fingers crossed.

Awesome! You will not be disappointed.

KAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A buddy of mi e is an AR junkie and very knowledgeable on most of the pros and cons of various models. He ranks the M&P as high as many of the more expensive options. I think you will be very happy with it. Hope the weather doesn't delay your shipment too badly.

thefinnnwi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Northwest Indiana/ Japan

Congrats on the purchase. Hope you enjoy it. If you have any questions about it feel free to PM me.

Travis Daniel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    honestly to me most of the ars are about the same. all you are paying for is the name on it. I have had colts, rra, bushmaster, and smith and wesson. They all shot about the same. I personally have kept my rra because it was the first that I got completely set up for what I want and I love it. good luck with your decision

Top Bottom