• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I am the cheese

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hello all you knowledgable folks.

Has anyone had any good or bad experience with the M&P22's? Considering a modern style rimfire besides my MarkIII. Something with a little flair to intrigue the kids into shooting sports and safe recreation.

Thanks

Last edited:

manley82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Not the M&P but the Ruger SR22 is a great unit and the smaller size allowed for the wife to handle it easier... Something to consider IMO. Very fun to shoot.

iceman4226

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Bloomington
    Not sure which 1s ur talking about but i have the 15/22 and the pistol and I would say both are very accurate and very fun to shoot. I would recommend both

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    You can shoot mine. I think it's great. It's a good suppressor host and its chewed up everything i've fed it without an issue. I've had the sig mosquito and the trigger was by far the worst i've ever felt. I've had the GSG 1911 and it was great…i just can't stand cleaning a 1911 anything as you need screwdrivers and maybe a protractor…i dunno i only cleaned it once. I'm finally happy with the m&p. It gets my seal of approval.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I had one before I went the SR22 route. It was nothing but perfect, went through every round I sent through it like a sewing machine, and very accurate. I like the smaller size of the SR22 for what it was, but the M&P was a great gun... VERY accurate, crazy soft shooter, and easy to strip/clean. Really smooth slide action.

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    One thing I find great about the MP 22 for younger shooters is its light weight as compared to other 22's I've owned. Like previously mentioned, it will shoot any 22lr you feed it.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :yesway: on the M&P 22. It is a good training weapon. It is identical to the standard semi-auto on the market today, so it lets me practice how I will handle my EDCs. It eats the cheap ammo (Remington Gold, WWB, Federal, etc.).

It is a light weapon, economically made. It is not the solid, long-term pistol you will get with a Ruger. If you want something to pass on to the kids or grandkids, get the Ruger. If you want one that will do its job as long as you do yours, and do it with any ammo out there, at a reasonable cost, the M&P 22 is a good choice.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I shoot a Ruger SR-22, and am very pleased.
    One of my range buddies, has a MP-22. As far as reliability goes, they both are very good.
    In my experience, both are not ammo picky.
    In my opinion, both the Ruger and MP-22, are far better options than a Walther P-22.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I had a P22 as well, and having it stripped next to the M&P, the internals were extremely similar with the exception of length (M&P being longer). My P22 was a decent little shooter, and I think of the SR22 as a better version of the P22. Smith & Wesson was Walther's importer at the time the M&P 22 came out, and I thought there was a significant design influence for the internals from the P22 for sure. That said, the M&P was the better gun between that and the P22, with the SR22 being my eventual favorite of the three.

Something else to maybe consider, which I like about the P22 and SR22... rimfire doesn't ALWAYS go bang on the first shot. With a hammer, you can squeeze the trigger again vs. wasting a round that didn't ignite on the first strike.

Last edited:

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have a couple thousand rounds through mine and have had a couple of malfunctions but were ammo related, I'm very happy with mine as this gun is the one with me just about every trip to the range.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    M&P 22 is the best .22LR polymer pistol IMO.

- 12 round mags
    - Full size
    - Runs anything I've shot through it
    - Better trigger than M&P centerfires
    - Only downside for me would be the sights

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I own a sr22 and have shot the M&P 22. I like both and would recommend either one. Both are reliable well built guns and in my experience neither one of them are picky about ammo. I'd like to add the M&P into my stable one of these days.

Top Bottom