• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    As I understand it there is a new barrel, trigger bar, and sear for 2013. Does anyone know where I can obtain an "upgrade kit", or buy the parts separately?

As you may know, I love my 9C, and carry it always. I have total confidence in its reliability and accuracy. I just added some Truglo TFO sights, but other than that it is stock (w/manual safety). I have no desire to replace it, because it aims faster, and shoots more accurately than other guns in my hands. I love the trigger too. The reason I want the upgrades is the the same reason I added night sights, and that is to gain every possible edge, no matter how slight.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    You might try contacting Smith directly. I don't believe they make kits, but it's worth a shot. Or what about an Apex part or Stormlake barrels?

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    I knew Smith was going to "upgrade" the triggers on new guns being produced, but this is the first I've heard of a possible upgrade kit. Have a box-stock 9c also, and love it. Even the trigger works for me. Traded a G19 for the 9c, but don't tell anybody, because it's sacrilege to do so!!

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Don't know about an upgrade kit, but here's a little info on the changes to the design. I just bought a new M&P9 FS manufactured in September 2013 off a fellow INGOer and I like the new changes. I haven't shot it yet, but the trigger is nice when I've dry fired it. Definitely a positive reset. The only thing I'll have to see about when I shoot it is that the trigger reset really kicks your finger back out when it clicks and overshoots a little bit so you have to take up a little bit of slack again on follow up shots. I'll have to see if it causes me to jerk the trigger more. It may just be a training issue and getting used to this trigger and not letting it overshoot on the reset. The new stock sights are also nice because they have a flat front edge for easier one handed manipulations. However, I will still replace them with Ameriglo Idot pros eventually like I did on my M&P Shield. Can't speak to the accuracy yet, but I'm sure it will be just fine!

Top Bottom