• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have recently started pursuing a career in law enforcement in the Johnson county area. All officers down here carry Glock so I am switching my collection from M&P to Glock to become proficient in the Glocks. I
    am looking for advice on how to move 4 handguns quickly so as to switch them all about the same time.

I have a full size 9 no safety 2 mags nights sights, owb and iwb holster.

45 compact no safety hd front sight black rear, crossbreed holster(had to modify for drawing) 3 8rnd mags 1 14rnd mag spacer for 8-10 rnd mag.

9 compact no safety and no holsters, HD night sights, 3 mags and 12-17 rnd spacer very small scratch on rear of barrel.

9 shield with safety, night sights, die hard ankle holster, owb and iwb holster 2 mags flat base traded for pinky base.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Moving them quickly doesn't always mean getting what they're worth (to you).

You can do a "fire sale" in the Classifieds, head to a Local Gun Store, or try your luck at the 1500. Several dealers will have used hardware that they might trade at a reasonable price.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Unfortunately the polymer handgun market is soft and getting softer. OP you might want to simply sell or trade a couple of the M&Ps and pickup a Glock. People really make way to much out of being "proficient" in a particular platform. M&P or Glock, they but work the same. Yeah they point a little different and the triggers aren't quite the same but a few minutes of dry practice will clear that up.

edit: Holsters very rarely add value. I would probably sell the .45 and 9c. But I don't know what cartridge is used by the departments you are looking at.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    A WTT ad on here may be the best route. Or you can keep them and still get the Glocks at a good price at Steven R Jenkins.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    when you get begin your career, the agency will provide the firearm to you and plenty of time and ammo to become proficient. I wouldn't be in a hurry to dump what you have.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Stout Field Gun Show this coming weekend, you could walk them around out there. Or list them here in the classifieds as a WTS/WTT ad, and say the only trades you are interested in are Glock models xyz.

Dutch68

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2015
    apt
    You have some very nice handguns . Used market doesn't usually bring the same money as what you paid , especially if you bought new. Maybe try a trade offer with 1 or 2 of your guns for a newer Glock . It would be a shame to get rid of everything you have and do a complete changeover to Glock only. Your Shield and your 45acp model could be your keepers , if you decide to go with 1 Glock for now.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'd keep the Shield if I were you. A much better gun than the Glock 43. Also keep the M&P 45c, if you like .45s. A much more natural pointer than a Glock 30, and far better ergonomics.

You will lose a lot of $$ trying to move used M&Ps. Especially the ones with $150 Trijicon HD night sights.

I was issued a Glock 22 and carried it on duty for many years. I found M&Ps to be much more natural pointers, and easier to hit with, so I generally carried one off duty. No need to dump a good handgun for the sake of having the same brand as your duty weapon. If you can shoot, your proficiency will be there across most platforms.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Why not keep what you have? May as well. You'll be issued a firearm from your department.

I know of exactly 1 GPD officer that keeps a Shield in his bag that sits in his passenger seat (though don't know if he carries any backup upon his person).

You're not "out" any money if you keep them. You WILL be "out" money if you sell them. $400-450-ish for good-condition used M&P pistols seems to be the normal selling point here on INGO (condition is everything).

DCowboysCR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 10, 2017
    Greenwood
    If you decide that you must sell them definitely go to classified route and don't get screwed at a local gun store getting less than half their value. But if it was me I would keep what you have and add a Glock.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't want to talk you out of selling what you have or doing what you want to do, but... I would consider selling one of your pistols and just picking up one Glock or something. There is nothing wrong with having both, and liking both. Should be able to shoot both well, and IMO glocks all shoot the same, that is the beauty of them to me. While there is a difference between a 17 and 19, I don't really shoot one any better than the other, the trigger is the same and all. The 17 being bigger can feel a touch better in the hand but thats about it.

Just something to consider. I appreciate you wanting to preform well with your service weapon though, so kudos. If you really do want to switch them and all which is fine, I would think you could have some luck posting up some WTT threads and that could be your best route dollar wise. I would try it at the very least.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    If you can shoot an M&P you can shoot a Glock and vice versa.
    Just need to untrain yourself on having to turn off an external safety which is just a matter of training & practice.
    No reason why you can't be proficient with both guns.
    Sell or trade one of your M&P's for a Glock 17 or 19 and starting practicing.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I don't sell anything unless I just really hate it. I keep stuff around for my kids.

Top Bottom