M-Pro 7 - I think my hunt for lube and cleaner my finally be over!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    M-Pro 7 - I think my hunt for lube and cleaner might finally be over!

Like the title says, I think my search is finally over! :rockwoot:

I picked up some M-Pro 7 Gun Cleaner and M-Pro 7 Gun Oil LPX today from the Atterbury range shop. It's what they use on their rentals. This stuff is fantastic. It's bio-degradable, non-toxic, very little if any smell.

The carbon on both pistols I cleaned today came off effortlessly. It's supposed to only get better with repeated use as it continues to condition the metal.

The oil is thin, but not supposed to sling or burn off. I won't know until I get back to the range, but I'm confident it will work as advertised. The action on both semi-autos feel great! I should probably note that the M-Pro 7 LPX is CLP. It is recommended for field cleanings. The addition of the M-Pro 7 Gun cleaner completes the system as a deep cleaner.

I REALLY like the idea of not having to worry about getting it on my skin while cleaning several firearms. It's safe for all surfaces and according to a Youtube video (below) I watched from the manufacturer, it is approved by all major firearm manufacturers for use on their products.

Home page link: M-Pro 7 Gun Cleaning Products

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUUOSo0Ms_U]YouTube - How to clean a Ruger SR-9[/ame]

Last edited:

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I like and use it, but take what they say seriously - you have to use an anti rust protectant on all surfaces cleaned with MP7. It strips the oils all away and leaves them vulnerable to rust.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I like and use it, but take what they say seriously - you have to use an anti rust protectant on all surfaces cleaned with MP7. It strips the oils all away and leaves them vulnerable to rust.

I gave everything a good coating of the M-Pro 7 Gun Oil LPX. I was using Eezox prior. We'll see how this compares.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I'm still sold on it. Performance is excellent. Meets all my current needs. I really like the non-toxic aspect of it.

Top Bottom