• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vanillagorilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    central Indy
    Need help from you folks. I want to know the value of an older M1 carbine made by Inland. I know they made the most but this is one of the first (early serial number). Does this make it worth more or no?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Couple yrs ago i bought a early 6 digit 42' Inland with original barrel....guys at CMP said I hit pay dirt since it had the original barrel....everything else a mix master. I got it at gun show for around 350.00. I suppose I could try and get up to 800.00 for it....most Carbines are going from 600.00 to 800.00....some a little less some a little more, lots of depends.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    If it has an Import mark and or has been upgraded to adjustable sight/bayonet lug I'd say $600 to $700 at auction in today's market depending on condition. The exception is if its a NRA sales rifle from the 60's with the paperwork. These command a premium and are almost always upgraded rifles.
    If its an original early inland with flip sight and no bayonet lug, you are looking at $850 and up to maybe $1300 or $1400 depending on condition.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Need help from you folks. I want to know the value of an older M1 carbine made by Inland. I know they made the most but this is one of the first (early serial number). Does this make it worth more or no?

If your Inland is ALL correct WWII and never been through the post war armory re-build it would be worth between $1300-$1800.00. Early serial number does not really add much more value. Thing is, as it is early SN if the operating rod is original it could be a "spring-tube" type and those are not always safe to shoot as the tube sometimes cracks. If it has a bayonet lug it is a pretty strong chance it has been arsenal re-built. if so...$800-$850.00. Hope this info helps.:D

Top Bottom