• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Please dont provide opinions about this without knowledge....I agreed to buy a m1 carbine (ivers johnson) today for 300 with dies and 200 rounds and a bunch of brass...did i do well or not?:dunno:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think it was more than a fair price but the only thing that matters is if you are happy with the deal! Congrats and enjoy it.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Seems to me like you did. From what I know about them/remember, last summer it seemed like they were going for $250-$300ish. With the ammo, brass, and dies, I'd be happy with the deal. If you're content with it, I see no problem. Hard telling what anything "goes for" these days... haha

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Love my Carbine! My dad bought it in the mid 1950's after he got out of the army. I now have it since he has passed away.
    It is a very fun rifle to shoot. Very little recoil and accurate enough. The only minus is that most M1's won't shoot hollow points unless some 'work' is done to them. Not entirely sure what it entails but I more than happy to blast away with fmj.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    No, you got hosed. I will do the right thing and be a stand up guy and give you your money back :D Seriously I think you did good! :yesway:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Am I reading this right, you got a M1 carbine, dies and brass for $300? And you're asking if it was a good deal?

Unless that rifle was a peace of junk, I'd say heck ya you did good. Are there anymore from where that one came from?

Oh and by the way...

:postpics:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I'd venture to say you'll never come across a deal that good on any kind of M1 Carbine (except maybe a Universal...and I doubt even that) ever again. They are a hoot to shoot...enjoy!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Sounds like you got and incrediable deal. My cousin inherited a original one from WWII made by Rockola and bought a second to shoot on a regular basis from Kahr or Auto Ordinance. Fun guns and a super handy size and weight. I can walk a golf ball in the grass out to a hundred yards no problem. It shot great out of the box. I have never touched the sights on it. Enjoy it and have some fun if you can find projectiles and power and primers that is.

Top Bottom