• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Love the Garand! "The greatest battle implement ever devised." I bought mine from CMP back when the offerred the 'Select' grade. An International Harvester - built in Evansville, Indiana!

Garands ROCK! :rockwoot:

ol' poke.

Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    Had mine out yesterday,out of all of my guns i love that ping!Mine is not a C.M.P it's one of the springfields they made a few years back,i run across a guy wanting sell it at a good price.I put a schuster adjustable gas system on and works like a charm,puts the brass close by.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    You did have a good time at the range. You've had this rifle for awhile? It was a CMP purchase, or another source?

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    You did have a good time at the range. You've had this rifle for awhile? It was a CMP purchase, or another source?

I've had it for about a year.

It was originally purchased by my uncle from a Muncie, Indiana gun store about 30 years ago...for $345 !! :eek: I have the receipt. He never fired it in all that time, but he was aware of how much I coveted it.

He unexpectedly gifted it to me.

I was floored, of course!

I sent him an e-mail detailing my deflowering of his rifle. He seemed pleased! ;)

During this recent range session, I was interested to be informed that this rifle is equipped with "match" sights.

The knowledgeable person who told me this stated that he believed the entire rifle was of "match" quality due to the fact that it is also equipped with a National Match operating rod.

I told him that I didn't think it was an actual "match" rifle, but a mix-master comprised of some VERY good components.

Not to be a jerk, but I say again...If you have the strength, read all about it here: :D

Walter Zoomie's World: M1 Garand: The Greatest Gift Ever!

Last edited:

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I wish I would have got a picture of Patrick shooting that bad bear. Next time :D

Here's the lad watching me get ready to scare myself.

p2130002.jpg

You done good with him, dad. He's a smart boy with excellent firearms handling habits. :yesway:

I found it ironic that he was apprehensive about firing my Taurus due to its "kick," but didn't hesitate to pick up the M1 and fire it!

Cool kid...

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    I keep looking at garlands and thinking that I really should get one but you have just inspired me. Next time the opportunity arises I'm going to pull the trigger. Thanks, BA.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Here's the lad watching me get ready to scare myself.

p2130002.jpg

You done good with him, dad. He's a smart boy with excellent firearms handling habits. :yesway:

I found it ironic that he was apprehensive about firing my Taurus due to its "kick," but didn't hesitate to pick up the M1 and fire it!

Cool kid...

Thank you! He s still talking about the M1.

Yea we have some rules when it comes to the smaller handguns. I think he was probably more worried about me. He is allowed to shot them but only with me right next to him. The .22 pistols are ok though.

Top Bottom