• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Its getting harder to find the white lubriplate, but that's the stuff if you can find it. I bought a bunch of the old M1 Garand Grease pots at a gun show years ago and use them.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Lubriplate. I don't remember where I bought it. One can lasts a lifetime. Literally.

Hardware store? Brownells?

This ^^
    I've got a pint can from one of the Gas companies I've done work for. I don't expect to have to buy grease again. Both my brother and I have been using it on M1's, M1A's, I put grease on all my pistol rails. Haven't even put a dent in it.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    You can buy lubriplate at auto parts stores can't you? I have a tub of it in the garage from car work.

You should be able to, although I had a hard time finding it a couple years ago when I was doing an engine rebuild. All I could find was the "gray" engine assembly grease that had either moly or graphite added to it.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Almost any auto parts store has White Lithium grease in the plastic tubs. There are many brands of white grease other than the lubriplate brand. I found white Lithium grease in containers like a tooth paste tube at a hardware store. I have one in each shotgun case and one in my pistol box. Marinas also have white Lith in big toothpaste tubes that are about the size of a tube of house caulking. One of those would last a long time.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Its getting harder to find the white lubriplate, but that's the stuff if you can find it. I bought a bunch of the old M1 Garand Grease pots at a gun show years ago and use them.

Lol. I think I've sold you some also. (?)

I bought a bunch! off of eBay or some individuals site once. Point being, because it lasts so long you can usually find it for sale by individuals that realized they'll never go through what they have.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Certainly use whatever grease you want.

I just don't understand the hostility to using the grease the military chose for this rifle?

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Certainly use whatever grease you want.

I just don't understand the hostility to using the grease the military chose for this rifle?

I am looking for the mil spec stuff....need it before 2 weeks when I am going to an appleseed with centerfire range ability.

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    If you were in the Indianapolis, Indiana area I'd sell you a can, as I have some extras.
    Or Midway has it.
    Oh, thanks man....what an extraordinarily generous offer! i ordered a can from midway....(along with some other stuff) LOL
    Its set to arrive this wednesday or so.....plenty of time....thanks again for the offer. If there is an issue getting it for some crazy reason, i may pm you. i do live in indy.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Oh, thanks man....what an extraordinarily generous offer! i ordered a can from midway....(along with some other stuff) LOL
    Its set to arrive this wednesday or so.....plenty of time....thanks again for the offer. If there is an issue getting it for some crazy reason, i may pm you. i do live in indy.

Wow what a coincidence!
    Some years back I ordered a case of this stuff and have a few extras.

If something messes up with Midway let me know.

Top Bottom