• ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Congrats!

BTW, if you do head up to the North Store, you might want to bring some additional documentation just in case. I was recommended by another CMP member to bring a US passport as my main form of ID.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Not sure if it has to be current, or not. You might want to send the CMP customer service folks an e-mail, and ask them. If you can find your birth certificate (long form only;)) that'd be even better.

You don't need an LTCH to fulfill the marksmanship requirement. You can download this form:

http://www.odcmp.com/competitions/forms/marksmanship.pdf

You'd just need an LEO, or range or club official/instructor to certify that you accomplished the items on the form. Certainly you could call around and find an instructor who is familiar with this process.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Going to an Appleseed shoot meets the shooting qualifications and joining RWVA for $20 will satisfy the CMP Affiliate requirement. In addition, if you join, you can continue attending Appleseed shoots for free until the membership expires or you shoot a Rifleman score! As soon as I can afford to do it, I'm going to CMP to get mine.

Click the oval in my signature to go to the schedule and see when the next shoot is close to you.

Blessings,
    Bill

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Still trying to get the wife to let me spend $600 on it. A little hard.

Save it up little by little, including enough for ammo. Make sure she knows that it is an investment. The value of a M1 Garand, especially with CMP papers, is not likely to go down anytime soon. It is a rare good, and so long as the general public is allowed to own them here in this great country, there will be enthusiasts and collectors who will be inteterested in owning one.

Heck, maybe even tell her it is "BOFARS" and that she can shoot it too!:rockwoot:

bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Told her about saving for it over time. Her response was "You better work all the overtime you can." I think I'm in.

Top Bottom