• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    I love them too. I always enjoy the smell of the wood heating up after a few rounds. The look on people's faces when the clip pops out is pricesless too. More than once I've been told my gun just flew apart :-)

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Love my 7.62x51 NATO conversion as well. Even with my bifocal-clad old eyes and generic ball ammo it delivered sub-4" groups at 100 yds. Replacing the GI wood with a Fajen laminated set (close-out from Midway back when Fajen folded, $98 &change!) and a deal on a good lot of South African surplus ammo lopped more than an inch off my average groups, too.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    At this point, the only thing causing me to swerve to the AR is the price of ammo. If i found a good price for 5000 pieces of once fired military 30-06 brass, I'd send off the order form TOMORROW.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Who are all the M1 Garand people here? I just got mine a month ago and LOVE it! I've been shooting the surplus Greek ammo at Atterbury and it's great!

"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that Ping."

CMP 1955 HRA

picture.php

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    love both of mine, '42 and '44 both springfields. my brother has about 9 of them sofar springfields, hra, winchester and his pride international harvester

17Chap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    NE Indiana
    At this point, the only thing causing me to swerve to the AR is the price of ammo. If i found a good price for 5000 pieces of once fired military 30-06 brass, I'd send off the order form TOMORROW.

I understand, but though ammo may eventually get cheaper, the quantity of M1s will not increase. bite the bullet, so to speak, get a spam can with clips and you'll have good reloadable cases to start your ammo factory with. Go for it.! :yesway: :twocents:

Jess

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Where did you get your sling? My sling doesn't look near as good as that leather one.

Bought one at Ft. Wayne gun an knife show for 30.00, then bought a few more at the INDY shows, same dealer always has some for 20.00 an they are great also...pacificcanvasleather.com has them for 19.90, but I can't tell if they are the same???

picture.php

Top Bottom