• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckfever90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Heard a rumor that the US is bringing a ship load of M1 grandes from Korea back here and they are going to sell them pretty cheap. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    I'll be checking the local Starbucks.

They are bringing M1 Garands from Korea sometime. Keep an eye on your usual surplus distributors. The CMP will not be selling them.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I thought the last shipment of those was stopped by our Dear Leader or someone in his administration. That was last year or the year before maybe. I can't keep up with it anymore. :dunno:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I thought the last shipment of those was stopped by our Dear Leader or someone in his administration. That was last year or the year before maybe. I can't keep up with it anymore. :dunno:

fearless leader, KMA.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    WOW! I didn't think I could appreciate INGO more than I did, but now I know.

We have an exceptional forum here!

Thanks, INGO!

^^This!

We do have an exceptional forum! But back to the Korean Garands....The condition of these rifles is unknown. Some may be awesome, most if not all will likely be highly used and/or abused. I would bet that they will NOT be cheap regardless of the condition, marketed as a rifles that have seen "real" battle during the Korean War. We'll have to wait and see how they compare to the CMP's offereings. I bought mine from the CMP and could not be happier. Nothing brings a bigger smile to your face than to come home from a hard day's work ad find a cardboard box full of Garand leaning on your front door! :rockwoot:

:twocents:

ol' poke

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was at a recent auction where two OK rack grade rifles and a CAI import beat up thing sall sold for an average $725 each. So I doubt these will be any cheaper, market forces and all.

Now, more importantly, what was the military arm that had a coffee grinder in the stock? Never mind, Sharps Carbine

"The late-Civil War experimental grinder installed in this carbine was an unsuccessful effort to allow Union cavalry to grind their own grain when foraging."

gunluvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Where can you find a M-1 Garand or a carbine cheap? From what I've seen the prices just keep going up.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wow. A real friendly bunch over there. :D

You don't know the half of it. Basically if you didn't go out for coffee with Garand himself then you have no right to ask a question. I asked a couple of questions that the other million garand owners that were born with a garand in their hands knew.. ....boy talk about a chastising bunch. Short story I got banned.:n00b::laugh:

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I can't figure out how to search the forum.
    I'm sure there's already a thread on the CMP M1 Garands.
    Can anyone help a computer iliterate out? I'm wanting to learn more about the CMP.
    Like everyone else, who doesn't want an M1 Garand of there own?

Stay safe

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    You don't know the half of it. Basically if you didn't go out for coffee with Garand himself then you have no right to ask a question. I asked a couple of questions that the other million garand owners that were born with a garand in their hands knew.. ....boy talk about a chastising bunch. Short story I got banned.:n00b::laugh:

+10 for that. i was kind of hesitant to get on ingo because of the way i was treated on cmp forum. but its been awesome on here. most of the people on cmp except for a select few are jerks. needless to say i dont get on anymore.

Last edited:

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Where can you find a M-1 Garand or a carbine cheap? From what I've seen the prices just keep going up.

Go through the CMP process and buy one. Their website isnt bad to go through. Service grade, which is good, runs $650 shipped to your door. That or you can drive up to the North Store at Camp Perry, Ohio and pick one out. You will pay a bit more with sales tax and your fuel driving up there.

Here is my HRA Service grade I received at the first of the February. Great barrel and metal, muzzle wear 1.5 and throat under 2.
    picture.php

Top Bottom