• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    After all the rave reviews on the Bassett Machine scope mounts, I got one. The problem with my cheap ebay one is that although I got great accuracy, it would loosen after 50 rounds an then tighten down more wearing into the soft aluminum. I bought the Picatinny Rail Scope Mount from Bassett for 149.00, I figured it would be made out of steel to hold up better. It is made out of aluminum, but where there is contact with the receiver grooves, it has been milled an steel dowel pins pressed in...awesome work of art. Also I see what the problem with my cheapy mount was, its the out of spec bolt, it would have too thread in halfway before getting snug, the Bassett fits tight an snug from the start. Its Amazing an doesn't sound logical that you just hand tighten the bolt, then put the wrench tool on an simple lift the gun up an let the wieght of the rifle set the torque...its only 22 in lbs. it just doesn't seem like it can be tight enough, but it is. I fired 60 rounds an then checked with the torgue wrench tool an it was the same, accuracy remained the same throughout. I'm not going to take it off, but continue to count my rounds an give updates.....my opinion is that this is the mount of mounts for the M14/M1A platform...it is everything that everyone has said it is.
    picture.php

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Heard alot of good things about the Sadlock an learned of the others...but when guys have used them an then said they tried the Bassett an will never use another...an then you hear another guy saying the same thing.....an another guy...well the postive reviews for the Bassett was what made up my mind, it surely couldn't be a myth,...? I didn't really care which mount, I just was looking for one that had positive reviews....an the most positive was with the Bassett. So I gave it try.....I'm glad I did. One bolt, simple, tested, proven an guys say that it holds zero or close to it no matter how many times you take it off an on, the torgue tool puts it right back in the same place an tension...one guy has shot over 700 rounds an still zeroed....I did see where one guy said his had come loose after so many rounds, I was told it was important to make sure the bolt an reciever threads are DRY an CLEAN of all oil an its suppose to be the trick. An I heard the custmer service is very good, I got mine in about 10 days. Check out his web page, even if you have found agreat mount for your M1A, you might be intrigued....good shooting to all of you!!!!

Hawk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Howes Cave, NY
    I've heard nothing but good about the Bassett mount. Art Luppino swears by it.

Sadlak makes a really nioce scope mount also!

Top Bottom