• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w2k0311

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Wanamaker
    I am looking for the best rail system for my M14. I have done a good bit of research and the only thing I am finding is CG&G or Smith Enterprises. I have a strong suspicion that the USMC did not use Springfield Armory or ARMS for a reason. I need absolute stability. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    As a soon to be (broke) M1A owner, I was looking at Trijicon scopes the other day and came across this mount. I don't know anything about any of them but price really surprised me, and after looking at the Sadlak link, I guess there's no good...cheap way to mount optics on the M1A. But, as they say...buy once, cry once.

Trijicon TA70 M14/M1A Low Profile Picattiny Rail Mount for ACOG Gunsights FREE S&H TA70. Trijicon ACOG Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases, Trijicon Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases.

w2k0311

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Wanamaker
    Outstanding help. I have been in contact with Smith Inc out in AR as well as GG&G. I know they both have, or had contracts with USMC for the DMR. Sadlak is getting my next call.

Ion, I looked into the TA70. It seems there may need to be some smithing required for the M1A receivers. I think that goes with all of the mounts, but you would have to call and find out.

Thanks again guys.

Top Bottom