M16A1 Mantenance manual from 1969/Viet Nam (MUST SEE!!!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    We had piles of these lying around when I was stationed at Fort Carson in the early 80's. Our armor was still handing them out even then. Neat "blast from the past".

Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    Pardon my ignorance. In the manual it talks about not letting water get in the bore. It states it's hard to get out because the bore is so small. What ammunition did these use?

Morgan88

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    Pardon my ignorance. In the manual it talks about not letting water get in the bore. It states it's hard to get out because the bore is so small. What ammunition did these use?

Morgan88

5.56 that worked SOME of the time.
    Almost EVERY Nam vet has seen a body, American, with a jammed rifle. I 'acquired' a real nice new at the time gun for a BUG. It was a S&W 60.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    That was pretty cool, I'm glad I took the time to look at it. Cool to see the suppressors shown too.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    AWESOME!!!!! I remember "PM" magazine that the U.S. Army put out. Always a little entertaining and VERY informative!

Same here!!! It seemed to always get the point across in the simplest of terms, even as a 'butter-bar' it helped me to I know what I was doing-- sort of....

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Good old Connie. I remember these pamphlets very well. Most ammo for the Army was made in the Twin Cities Army Ammunition plant. I was posted there as one of an EOD detachment. I made many tours of the production line. It was all 55 grain FMJBT with Winchester powder.

They tore it all down and it now is the new home of the Minnesota Vikings football team. We had a 1/4pound TNT limit back then because of all the surrounding suburbs. Every now and again I let off a couple blocks of C4 just because I could. Sometimes, just to kill a groundhog. Nobody could ever prove afterward what I did. best time of my life... Never went to VietNam. 1970 to 1976. US Army

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I remember the blonde as "Connie" and ol rock jaw "Sarge".

Wish I was as young now as when I saw my first edition in the OD Green Army.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Good old Connie. I remember these pamphlets very well. Most ammo for the Army was made in the Twin Cities Army Ammunition plant. I was posted there as one of an EOD detachment. I made many tours of the production line. It was all 55 grain FMJBT with Winchester powder.

They tore it all down and it now is the new home of the Minnesota Vikings football team. We had a 1/4pound TNT limit back then because of all the surrounding suburbs. Every now and again I let off a couple blocks of C4 just because I could. Sometimes, just to kill a groundhog. Nobody could ever prove afterward what I did. best time of my life... Never went to VietNam. 1970 to 1976. US Army
    I know my memory isn't what it once was but....Wasn't the original issue ammo 52gr? I don't recall the powder type? Just going off something stuck in my mind on this....

Top Bottom