• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotwired

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Well I got to take my newest toy out that I won off of gunbroker. I always wanted a Bushmaster M17s since the first time I had seen one at the local gunshop. I have been looking for one that I can afford and finally 1o years later I got one. Well the built in sights are horrible so I am going to use some type of optic. I bought a box of hornady steel cased .223 to try. I had cleaned it real thorough and checked the chamber for any unusual marks, it was a little dirty but everything looked good. Well anyways I loaded 20 rds hoping that I made a good decision on this beast. My daughter was already on her second mag of 22 and I asked her to hold off on the next. Put my ear plugs in and charged the weapon. I cautiously pulled the trigger aiming at the bowling pins I set up down range. Bang, hardly any kick, I thought wow, I ejected to mag and cleared the nest round, check for obstructions. All was well, placed the ejected round back in the mag and reinserted it into the beast. recharged the rifle, took aim again and bang, and again bang, I am thinking wow. Thinking the ammo is low powered or something, I loaded some m193 that I had bought in anticipation and tried it again. Pulled the charging handle and took aim, bang no kick, not real loud, really nice, I am thinking I just bought one of the coolest rifles ever made. This has to be one of the best firing semi auto rifles I have ever shot. Ill be posting pics tomorrow. Anyone give me a recommendation on an optic to put on her?

GreenfieldGunny

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Vortex StrikeFire! I have one and love it. Lifetime warrenty and great tech support. (I needed a replacement wind-age cap, it was in my mailbox less than a week from when I sent the email.) Great medium budget optic, since I dont have $400 to spend on an Aimpoint. Srikefire also comes with a screw in 2x objective which works great and a scope mount. Congrats on the rifle as well! Just my :twocents:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I know what you mean about the M17S being a soft shooter. It is heavier than most, but it balances perfectly, and with a 21 inch barrel in such a short rifle is very accurate. The scope on mine is a 3-9x50 and ok enough but I would like to get one that is a little more powerful since the M17S is really good at longer distances.

The Beta on it in this pretty bad picture is more for fun, since it makes an already heavy rifle even worse, although being so far back really isn't bad in the shooting position, but you do have to watch where you put your elbow to get around it!

picture.php

Top Bottom