• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    There are reproduction 3 rounders everywhere. I too wonder why the 5 rounder demand is not being capitalized on.

Where are you finding reproduction 3 rounders? Those are the ones I have difficulty finding. I think I'm set on 5 rounders so I haven't really been looking, but they were always much more common in my experience. Could be a regional thing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks for the info! I didn't think to look on eBay...and I had no idea how expensive those 5 rounders had gotten (Liberty Tree Collectors is usually ok on their prices and they want $42 each!)

Yeah, I thought the same about the 5 rounders. Ouch! I'd like to have some more of the 5's but I'm not paying 40 bucks for one. Wish I knew of a good sheet metal shop. Can't imagine it being all that difficult to make some.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Should I say it? Yes, I must. A French military rifle: never fired and only dropped once!

I know it was just a joke, and the purple indicates you meant to make it obvious it was a joke, and I have used the same joke myself, probably more than once, so don't take this as a lecture or anything resembling one. It just seems like a thread where others might find this interesting too, so I thought I would share it.

At some point I was looking at the casualty statistics from WWII and was really rather surprised at the French casualty statistics. The actual events of 1940 are usually just glossed over due to their defeat, and we are always given the impression that the French just rolled over and surrendered without a fight. There were actually over 90,000 French combat deaths in the 1940 Battle of France. To put that in perspective, the U.S. suffered 19,000 killed in the Battle of the Bulge, the highest number of casualties the US suffered during a campaign in the war. If you include civilian casualties with the 210,000 military deaths, the French suffered about 180,000 more deaths in WWII than the 420,000 the US did.

An interesting article about the battle: The WW2 soldiers France has forgotten - BBC News

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I know it was just a joke, and the purple indicates you meant to make it obvious it was a joke, and I have used the same joke myself, probably more than once, so don't take this as a lecture or anything resembling one. It just seems like a thread where others might find this interesting too, so I thought I would share it.

At some point I was looking at the casualty statistics from WWII and was really rather surprised at the French casualty statistics. The actual events of 1940 are usually just glossed over due to their defeat, and we are always given the impression that the French just rolled over and surrendered without a fight. There were actually over 90,000 French combat deaths in the 1940 Battle of France. To put that in perspective, the U.S. suffered 19,000 killed in the Battle of the Bulge, the highest number of casualties the US suffered during a campaign in the war. If you include civilian casualties with the 210,000 military deaths, the French suffered about 180,000 more deaths in WWII than the 420,000 the US did.

An interesting article about the battle: The WW2 soldiers France has forgotten - BBC News
    I would think that the increased casualties would be expected when your town and villages were being hammered day in and day out. Also, these casualties pale in comparison to the Russian casualties during the battle for Stalingrad. I'm not refuting the article; just trying to put it in perspective. And yes, I was kidding.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    It has become common for us Americans to poke fun at the French. But, anyone who has studied history knows French troops have stood alongside American soldiers in many conflicts. And the French were our most important ally in the American Revolution.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It has become common for us Americans to poke fun at the French. But, anyone who has studied history knows French troops have stood alongside American soldiers in many conflicts. And the French were our most important ally in the American Revolution.
    Don't get so cereal!
    I suppose the reason it is so tempting to poke fun at the French is because of their arrogance towards America and Americans over the years.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Don't get so cereal!
    I suppose the reason it is so tempting to poke fun at the French is because of their arrogance towards America and Americans over the years.

I prefer Captain Crunch.
    I agree that the arrogance of the French can make them an easy target for jokes. My father in law was the son of French immigrants if that tells you anything. :rolleyes:

AmateurE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2017
    NWI
    Thank you BallStater98 for the heads-up on the PP82. Just ordered 2 boxes, I've been looking on and off for quite some time, never to see it in stock. Need to find an en-bloc next. I have a Berthier carbine bringback that is my next project.

Top Bottom