• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    Can anyone give me any insight on these magazines. There are 2 of them in the package i know it is kinda hard to see cause the glare. Are they USGI? Collectables since they are in the package? Exc Exc Thanks!
    IMAG0824.jpg

IMAG0825.jpg

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I've never seen that wrapping, but I haven't seen many GI M-14 mags in the wrapper. The ones I have are single in a wrapper with a white fabric outershell lined with foil and plastic. The W would indicate Westinghouse (not Winchester, O-M for Olin-Mathieson was Winchester). I would expect collector interest for new in the wrap M-14 mags, of course.

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    Anyone have anymore info on these magazines? Still trying to figure out if they are a collectable exc exc. I cant find any that are in the same package. Anymore insight would be great.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Anyone have anymore info on these magazines? Still trying to figure out if they are a collectable exc exc. I cant find any that are in the same package. Anymore insight would be great.

What is the outer wrapper made of?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I would say yes they are GI and collectable.

I have to do more research but there is some possibility that these are 1990's made counterfeits from what I've read. I'm still trying to run it down, but the packaging and dates don't add up.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm leaning toward counterfeit on these, sad to say. Taiwanese T57 mags most likely. Hard to say when not in person or better photos.

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    Ok i opened up one of the wrappers to get a better look. I cant get a good picture of the stamp it is: M/T Co or M/T "infiniti sign" There are a few other lines im not able to show by typing. They came out of the wrapper with the white residue.

IMAG0907.jpg

IMAG0908.jpg

IMAG0914.jpg

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Ok i opened up one of the wrappers to get a better look. I cant get a good picture of the stamp it is: M/T Co or M/T "infiniti sign" There are a few other lines im not able to show by typing. They came out of the wrapper with the white residue.

IMAG0907.jpg

IMAG0908.jpg

IMAG0914.jpg

That changes things. White residue from VCI paper and the KMT stamp says GI to me. Also, those look dark gray parked. The T57 fakes are shiny blue. The dimples are also correct.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    theysayisagorilla
    Top Bottom