• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    Anyone out there have one of these magnificent beasts? Need to hear the good the bad ,the ugly.Have a chance to buy one nib for alittle over half of new .Friend of mine's son bought in the panic needs cash.Not looking to flip it .But may add it to the stash.Any input is good thanks in advance.

Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    A good friend of mine just bought one and I finally had a chance to shoot it recently. I loved it! It's a tad more complicated to use than your standard shotgun, but after about 5 min, I had it down. Haven't gotten to really torture test it yet, but hopefully soon. Might actually go shoot some clays with it tomorrow, just because we can.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    Buy it!! And if you decide you don't want it, let me know!! I have one, and I disagree it is more complicated to operate. I took a shotgun course with mine, and to be honest, I think it is simpler to use than others.

For instance, let's say you happen to be using this gem in a zombie apocolypse, and you're loaded up with 00 buck. You've cleared the close threats, but still have some out just a little too far for 00. And you want to switch to slugs.

On an 870 for instance, if you didn't want to lose 2 rounds, you would have to start the action back a little, push the first round in the tube back in to seat it, fully eject the one from the chamber, and then you could load your slug, cycle and shoot.

With the Benellis, you just pull the bolt to the rear with your right hand, combat load a slug, let go, and eliminate the threat.

Bottom line, once you get the hang of that little silver button and what it does, the operation of the thing is easy!!

I will say that mine eats everything I've thrown at it - even low brass. A friend of mine has one too, and his doesn't like low brass.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    some quick fyi on my end

1 round after this shot I noticed something went very wrong, after a quick examination, the owner of the shotgun "behind me" noticed a "cross support pin" ?
    had broken off and jamed inside the action,he said that was the 10th round ever fired out of the shotgun.
    At the time I was in the market for the M4 or a bad boy S-12.

I ended up going with the s-12

But even the best have flaws from time to time.

Attachments

• S5030480-1.jpg
      S5030480-1.jpg
      123.7 KB · Views: 38
    Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have never owned or fired one, but I would love to have one. I saw some guys testing one on the outdoor channel when they first came out. They stuck a 20 gauge shell in it, then chambered a 12 gauge and fired it(with a looooong string on the trigger). Then they did it again, and again... One tough shotgun.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have a buddy with one. We went out to the range with my Vepr S-12, my FN SLP, and his Benelli m4. The m4 recoiled the least followed by the SLP and then the Vepr 12. Vepr choked on low brass, the other two ran fine.

Fast forward to a year later. Same guy was telling me all about his "awesome" button. Changovers blah blah blah. His turn to shoot and he ran up to the barrel, picked up the shotgun, ran the chamber forward, and click. Again and again and again. Looks like he needs more training.

GOPR0076 - YouTube

Shibby575

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    NE IN
    If you don't buy it, Ill take it off his hands, if he needs quick $$. Been lookin for one for awhile. I'm also in dekalb co

Top Bottom