• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Didnt want to run the other thread off topic, so Ill ask this here.

Considering Im going to school for gunsmithing at Wabash College in August, what are the chances I will have the knowlege to build one of these once Im done?

Im not talking about putting the peices where they need to go, anyone can do that. Im talking about the actual machine work, barrel pressing/headspace, riveting, and things like that this build would require.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    i have no idea if they actually teach AK smithing in a gunsmith school; I would doubt that they do.

BUT that said, I figure if you can gunsmith you don't need much more knowledge to press a barrel, drill holes, and crush rivets. ;)

jroberts1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Virgin Yugo M92 Build.
    I have 8 of these to build so I am doing them in sets of 4. I just wanted to show some pics of the rear trunnion being finished out. Tooling was quite a bit for this job I purchased all carbide metric 4 flute end mills, and Drill Co metric carbide machine screw bits. In the past 2 years I tend to just buy the correct tool and move on. 362.00 in end mills, drill bits and misc tooling boy it does come out correct though.
    I installed the rear trunnion using the original Yugo Rivets.

013.jpg

017.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

014.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

DSCN2292.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg
    DSCN2291.jpg

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Jim Roberts does top notch work. He did a couple of my AKs when I was down in Dallas for the Silencers are Legal shoot. His work is supurb, his prices fair, and I could not recommend him more. As far as I am concerned he is in the top tier of AK builders in the country and I will gladly pass my next build to him.

Full disclosure: Jim is also a Huntertown Arms dealer, but our business relationship in no way colors my recommendation.

jroberts1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Jim Roberts does top notch work. He did a couple of my AKs when I was down in Dallas for the Silencers are Legal shoot. His work is supurb, his prices fair, and I could not recommend him more. As far as I am concerned he is in the top tier of AK builders in the country and I will gladly pass my next build to him.

Full disclosure: Jim is also a Huntertown Arms dealer, but our business relationship in no way colors my recommendation.

Thank for the Support there brother. Steve is a hoot to deal with as well. Looking forward to a long relationship and some fun next trip up or down for one of us.

jroberts1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Little Update
    Engraved Selector Marks & Detents

DSCN2467_zps60a574d9.jpg

DSCN2467_zps60a574d9.jpg

Engraved 2012 M92 on trunnion with matching serial to the Nodak Spud Receivers
    DSCN2449_zps3a583c16.jpg

Last edited:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    you guys are making me drool ill be sure to add some pics here in the next few weeks my tax stamps for my 2 krinks finely came

but i gonna get my galil out of the way before il will start on those two

Top Bottom