• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jroberts1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Ready for some park and duracoat

I just picked up this IR T30 Compressor what a difference it makes.

DSCN2400_zps658274dd.jpg

DSCN2469_zpsea339ca1.jpg

In to the park Tanks
    DSCN2470_zps59b00a6c.jpg

Heater Tank
    DSCN2472_zps4f12f279.jpg

Park Tank
    DSCN2473_zps40fe92b7.jpg

Oiled
    DSCN2476_zpsf9ca84ae.jpg

DSCN2477_zps8d5c7237.jpg

DSCN2478_zps64e4fd18.jpg

Here are two I did with pinned stocks, Park looks solid.

DSCN2526.jpg

DSCN2525.jpg

DSCN2528.jpg

86 Tula Krink built on a flat / bluejack barrel matched the finish.

DSCN2524.jpg

DSCN2523.jpg

DSCN2522.jpg

DSCN2521.jpg

DSCN2518.jpg

DSCN2517.jpg

BEC Firearms Yugo. Sporting a Softail
    DSCN2544.jpg

DSCN2543.jpg

DSCN2542.jpg

DSCN2541.jpg

DSCN2540.jpg

jroberts1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Personally I'd like to know more about the HD.........

2003 FXSTB Bone Stock man:D Nothing to see here but a Yugo.

2003 FXST
    Big Bore Kit
    Custom heads (Delkron)
    Thunder EX
    Dyna Front End (Soon to be FB)
    200 18" tire kit in rear
    110 19"
    40 spoke stainless on black PC hoops Dyna Hub in front Stnd in rear
    little of this a little of that.
    Avons F&R
    Sphyco Seat (SUCKS ASS)
    Few mods here and there.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    They all look amazing. Congrats.

How much would you charge for labor to put a M92 on an 74ullc receiver with the proper cut outs for a polyfolder?

jroberts1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    We took a SAR-2 and used it as a donor for a 1986 Tula AK74U build.
    We wanted to reuse the original scope rail so we used the original rear trunnion rivet locations in the new trunnion. Interesting thing on this kit the gas block was partially drilled.

054.jpg

055.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

067.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

DSCN2614.jpg

DSCN2613.jpg

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    thats awesome!!

So, approximately how much would you guys charge to install a side folder on one of the M92 PAP pistols? :)

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Interesting, I know at least one prominent AK builder has said they will not install under folders on M92's due to ATF regulations about obscuring the original manufacturers markings. Another big name builder is installing triangle side folders on M92's but isn't doing underfolders either. While he hasn't said why, I'm sure it's for the same reasons.

Can you post a pic of the M92's original manufacturers markings? Did the ATF tell you something different?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah, Troy wont install them, BUT I dont want an underfolder, I've already got one. I want a 100 series side folder. There are pics posted over here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...4195-sbr_question_regarding_yugo_m92_pap.html

Plenty of room for a side folder. :)

I would rather have someone else cut it for me, but I will if I have to. Hell, if I could get someone to just cut the receiver and send it back, I can rivet everything in.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    yeah, Troy wont install them, BUT I dont want an underfolder, I've already got one. I want a 100 series side folder. There are pics posted over here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...4195-sbr_question_regarding_yugo_m92_pap.html

Plenty of room for a side folder. :)

I would rather have someone else cut it for me, but I will if I have to. Hell, if I could get someone to just cut the receiver and send it back, I can rivet everything in.
    Yeah, it's Troy and Jim Fuller (Rifle Dynamics) I was referencing in my other post.

Triangle folders don't appear to be an issue. If I were to do one (and I might), I would do the triangle folder too.

jroberts1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    This discussion over serial numbers has been played out and becomes numbing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD1VvtWggA4[/ame]

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I wish someone would write a letter to the ATF Technical Branch to clear it up. I agree it's been bantered back and forth on several forums, but the consensus is that putting an underfolder on the M92 given the location of the manufacturers markings would make it illegal and is why other builders are avoiding such installs. They're probably just playing it safe because to my knowledge no one has actually contacted the ATF to get a letter.

If I were going to do an underfolder, I would first write the ATF and get a ruling before going forward with the install. I would submit the Form 1 and send in the letter at the same time... hopefully I would get a response before the approved Form 1 came back.

jroberts1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I wish someone would write a letter to the ATF Technical Branch to clear it up. I agree it's been bantered back and forth on several forums, but the consensus is that putting an underfolder on the M92 given the location of the manufacturers markings would make it illegal and is why other builders are avoiding such installs. They're probably just playing it safe because to my knowledge no one has actually contacted the ATF to get a letter.

If I were going to do an underfolder, I would first write the ATF and get a ruling before going forward with the install. I would submit the Form 1 and send in the letter at the same time... hopefully I would get a response before the approved Form 1 came back.

The serial can be covered up with the sling loop on the UF axle. The issue is if you damage the serial then it becomes a felony. The Reg says you can not knowingly obliterate a serial number. Now lets say you are blasting and the serial is damaged and needs to be re marked not on purpose by accident.

Really I think if your being arrested for the serial on a M92 you've done something bad and the serial is just a add on because you acted like a dick head and the cops said hmm lets add a few more charges. Like 922r if your charged with that your already in trouble and it's the least of your problems.

Common sense is the best advise. If people keep writing letters to the atf they keep adding new reg's.

Jim

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I seriously doubt asking for a ruling on the M92's serial number as it relates to a underfolder will lead to further regulation.

I also agree common sense is a good way to move forward, thus I won't put an underfolder on a M92 unless the ATF said they had no issue with it. It would seem others in the industry have the same common sense approach as they are telling customers they won't do such conversions.

jroberts1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012

So after reviewing the reg book and reviewing form 1's, 2's, 3's, & 4's, the best was to avoid the serial number issue would be when completing a form 1 for manufacturer you would re serial the gun add a digit or letter
    example:
    Original Serial: 125016
    Form 1
    Roberts NFA Trust
    Serial 125016B

This would only work if you are SBRing this pistol. Also I have 3 in my shop now and I believe the serial on 2 of them would not be damaged just covered up, so if the go not get damaged and just covered one can re engrave the serial under the trigger guard as long as the original is intact.

Jim

Top Bottom