• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    I am looking to purchase a 9mm M10 or M11. I actually prefer a M10/9, for the slightly slower rate of fire. Right now, I am looking at the following...

D&D Guns - NIB MAC 10'9's

SWD/TX M10/9MM SMG (MACHINE GUN) NEW IN BOX - TRANSFERABLE by: S.W.D.,

Doing a little research, I'm finding out that these particular MAC's were built with a M11/9 grip/magwell, because they are "single feed."

So my first question... If I got one of the above MACs, I would need to buy single feed/stack M11/9 mags?

If this is the case, I also read in quite a few places that Recon Ordnance has the best metal mags for the M11/9 (or in this case, M10/9 with the M11 magwell). Any opinion on this?

Also, is this an oddball configuration? I assume in early 1986 they were scrambling to make as many MACs as possible to get on the registry, so they were slapping guns together. Maybe they had M10/9 uppers and just starting using the more plentiful M11/9 lowers??? If this is an oddball setup, would I have issues getting parts and/or accessories for this gun? In the future I may be interested in a LAGE upper, 22 conversion, etc etc etc.

Any info is appreciated.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    The M10 and MAC 11 are different size/width, so you can't really (with in reason ;-) swap the uppers and lowers.

I would not worry too much about getting a NIB vs use M10/9mm, as when I got mine years ago ($550?) the first thing I had to do was work on it to accept a mag as the grip was welded off center, then change the buffer. One advantage of getting one locally is the possibility of test firing first. The out of state person I got is from is now a noted Uzi gun smith and the MAC came initially for the same location (which I found out later, but had no luck on any type of repairs as was NIB - but you might have better luck buying through Craig directly)

You would need to get single feed mags to go with the single feed bolt in the SWD/TX M10/9mm. Note the plastic single feed mags have two notches, one for the MAC 11 and one for the M10/9mm, thus check that the Recon Ordnance mags have the second notch. No experience here as already had a dozen Walther dual feed mags and a box of Madison 9mm mags when he came out with his.

The story goes some of the Texas M10's were actually welded by SWD (makers of the MAC 11) and thus setup to use the same plastic single feed mags. While the early Texas M10s were reported to have poor welding, SWD did a good job and never had issue with mine nor were the welds in question during inspection of mine.

The single feed mags and the older dual feed (Walther) mags fit in the same mag well, however, one has to change bolt catch and the bolts are different ... may also be issues with feeding. You can get an adapter for 9mm to fit in a 45 M10 but with out cutting off and welding on a new grip/mag well, can't shoot 45 in a 9mm M10. Last year sold off a pair of M10's one each in 9mm and 45ACP, along with adapter kits (which included a feed ramp for 9mm) and uppers for the Powder Spring MAC10/45 to use either the dual feed or single feed mags and the dozen dual feed Walther mags.

Good Luck

Last edited:

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    1. Find one locally, the transfer process would be faster, cheaper and easier.
    2. Look daily at the Sturmgewehr and Subguns classifieds. These are the best places to find deals on machine guns.
    3. M11/NINE is the one to buy, because there are much more accessories for it than for the other guns. Including reliable .22LR and slower 9mm uppers.
    4. Check out MAX-11.COM
    5. Sing up @ MAC-10 TALK forums and read.

Top Bottom